Author Topic: Ojaveda crash  (Read 624 times)

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Ojaveda crash
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:20:11 am »
I exited east Hydlaa and walked across the path. When it seemed I was entering Ojaveda (first time there) it gave me the loading screen and then I crashed. I try to log back in but it crashes during the same loading screen. I have tried repeatedly.

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Ojaveda crash
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:43:08 am »
You could try suggestions from here:

www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41007.0

for a start..

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:53:13 am »
Hi there,

Maybe you character's position got screwed up by the server. A reset by a GM would fix the problem in that case. You can contact one either by
a.) Making another character and using the ingame petition system.
b.) If you are on irc, the GM channel is #planeshift-gmtalk on freenode.

Best,
Minks

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:23:49 pm »
Thank you for the suggestions, but neither can help me. The link is for startup crashes. Mine happens after I choose my character and it is loading my location. As for contacting a GM or filing an ingame petition, I can do neither because I cannot get into the game. Later I will try the irc, if I can figure it out.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 12:42:29 pm »
Make a second character on the same account to file a petition.

Instructions for irc: http://www.planeshift.it/irc.html

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »
Thank you for that information. I shall try those later when I am able to get on.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 02:43:15 pm »
Jinx- I feel for ya!

This suggestion is written in the syntax of a non-computer programmer- in other words, me. I tend to write in sentences- so this may or may not communicate well depending on your learning style. I hope it helps!

To get in IRC, go to the planeshift homepage- http://www.planeshift.it   go to Community, then to Chat, then click on the here underline to go to the IRC sign in page,  You will need to enter your nickname (character name is good), the #planeshift-gmtalk  channel, and then do the autocapcha security enter.

Once you're in IRC gmtalk, type the name of whatever GM is there- could be Eonwind or Sarva or Mordaan or Talad or others, depending on your time zone- and then say your need- "client crashes at loading screen to Oja, please move my character or help otherwise." or whatever.  If someone is there, you can hang out and talk to them when they answer you... again depending on time zones you might get an immediate answer or you may need to wait a bit.

The creating new character and sending ig petition works too...

Good luck!
Roled Rolak the missing elfboy
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »
@JinxDevona what is your character's name ?  I can try restore you in a safe place and see if it works ?
Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 04:56:06 pm »
Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions. This seems like a nice community.

@Sarko It is Jynxie Devona. Thank you for your offer, that would be wonderful. Should I try to go to Ojaveda again if it works and I can get on, to see if it crashes upon entering again?

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 05:06:01 pm »
Done..
try to log in please and let us know
Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »
Thank you Sarko, it did work and I was able to log in. However, I tried to go back to Ojaveda again. I walked into the stone walled path and the load screen came up. It seemed to work fine because the load screen went away this time and I was in the stone walled area, but when I started to walk it crashed. Now it won't let me get in without crashing at the location load screen again.

If you could move me again, that would be great. However, I really want to figure out how to fix this problem, because I want to be able to go into this area to work on quests and experience the full game experience. Maybe graphic settings, I don't know. I have a mac desktop 10.6.8. I never usually have any troubles with graphics in games. I'm not a techy at all so I have trouble working out this kind of stuff.

Edit: Have been moved. Will now create a second character to work with the settings and see if I can fix the issue. That way at least I will be able to keep playing with this character. Will update if I figure out how to solve this. Any suggestions are welcome. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:18:43 pm by JinxDevona »

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:09:51 am »
Have you tried praying to the Gods?