Author Topic: [GUILD] House DeFaye  (Read 869 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
[GUILD] House DeFaye
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:16:17 pm »
House DeFaye

Unrelenting Unity

The House DeFaye was created three generations ago, when the great grandfather of the current Lord of the House, Thadok Defay (the name wasn't adopted until a bit later in the story), acquired an old manor in the outskirts of the capital of the Far Ground. With hard work and a lot of help from his current family and friends, Thadok managed to repair the building and prepare the land to harvest whatever could grow in the Third Level, especially trees for firewood and construction.

With the help of his small fortune, Thadok Defay was soon able to create a small gentry and hire farmers, crafters and lumberjacks, among others. This, added to his talent as a merchant, allowed him to amass a bigger fortune, which he never used for his own profit, as is told later on in this story. Soon, everyone in need of a job would travel high distances across the Far Ground to visit the Defay gentry, and ask its owner about an open position. He would always welcome everyone in need, be they workers, mercenaries, or simple comonners. Everyone would learn a trade, and either stay and live near the farmland surrounding the house, or leave after they got enough money to be on their feet again, freely.

Lord Thadok DeFaye
Not long after Thadok became a very wealthy man, with one of the greatest fortunes of the Far Ground -and not to mention of Yliakum-, the troubles started. Not for Thadok, but for the Octarchy: a shortage of grain and other food, as well as a lack of wood for fireplaces and construction, struck the Third Level. People were unhappy with what they thought was a bad administration. The Octarch in charge at the moment sent couriers to Thadok, and he soon started pumping tria to the workers in the Winch in the Barn, or the Second Level. He put his lumberjacks and farmers to harvest and grow as many trees and plants as they could to provide the needy with them, and sent merchants to the lowest levels to buy seaweed in case the firewood wasn't enough.

And then, thanks to the efforts of Thadok Defay, the situation in the Far Ground returned to its normal state. The Octarch, pleased with Thadok's actions, bestowed upon him the title of Lord of the gentry. The Enkidukai soon changed his second name, becoming Lord Thadok DeFaye. But by the time he took on the lordship, he was too advanced in age to enjoy it, so he retired in favor of his son, Segos DeFaye, and presented him with the sabre he himself comissioned to represent the title of Lord DeFaye.

Segos DeFaye, wielding the ceremonial

sabre
Segos DeFaye turned out to be more of a soldier than of a merchant. He relied on other people to carry on with the administration of the gentry, for he was too busy waging war on the enemies of Yliakum: namely, the beasts coming from the Stone Labyrinths. He soon became a captain of the Sunshine Squadron, until the boredom got the worst of him, and made him resign.

The new Lord DeFaye went back home, finally, and took the reins of the gentry with the same energy, if not more, that his father had. He married young, and had many sons and daughters, Jocas DeFaye I being the heir to the gentry. Being the soldier he was, Segos DeFaye demanded authorisation for a militia, which he put to serve the Octarchy, and contributed to the security in the capital of the Far Ground. It is said that the control he had over the Winch in the Third Level made it impossible to sneak a single grain of rice through the guards.

Jocas DeFaye the First was, with no doubt, the worst Lord of the House. He had too much of a liking to wine, food, and women who weren't Hannelynn, née Tarin, who was the mother of Jocas DeFaye II, heir to the House. This caused much discomfort within the family, especially between Jarrok, brother to Jocas I, and Hannelynn soon started to resent her husband. But despite him being a careless Enkidukai, Jocas knew best, and realized what his brother was up to.

Jarrok DeFaye was then aprehended, accused of trying to kill his brother and usurp the title of Lord. His days finished with him in a small, cold cell. But the war for the power didn't die with him: Johanna DeFaye, the younger sister of Jocas, took example of her uncle, or of the story she had been told, and soon started plotting a plan to get rid of her brother, and become the first Lady DeFaye. Jocas still has scars to prove her attempts to get rid of him, even though their story seems to be far more private and strange than what's known to the general public...

Jocas DeFaye II, current Lord of the House

After their father dilapidated the DeFaye fortune thanks to dishonest consultants and other thieves wearing rich garments, Jocas and Johanna left the gentry, advised by their mother, and moved up to the First Level, the Dome, concretely to the city of Hydlaa, so that they could start anew and the House would continue with its original intent of being a rendezvous point for those in need of help.

The DeFaye Genealogy

º o o o º

What is the House DeFaye?
Following the lead of the great "royal" Houses in PlaneShift, the House DeFaye is yet another wannabe royal house, or some such. It has the structure of a medieval royal house: Lord, council, knights, artisans, and comonners. The lowest of the members can soon rise to the higher positions! The thing is, will the newcomers prove themselves worthy of being appointed knights, or master artisans?

What's the purpose of this guild?
In Character, the House's purpose of existence is to improve the ambience in the First Level, not far from what Thadok's intent was. Also, it intends on providing newcomers with any help they may need, so that they can become valuable citizens of Yliakum's society.

Out Of Character, it's another roleplaying guild! Everyone is welcome in it, even if they like to grind mindlessly while nobody is around, as long as they do roleplay. Also, guilds are a great way of making new friends, and so is roleplay.

But surely there are other guilds out there just like this one, why would I join it?
The House DeFaye is oriented to people looking for a traditional guild. It has many elements taken from the medieval ages, such as the hierarchy. So, if what you're looking for is a place where you can become a knight, or an artisan, and pledge loyalty to your lord, this is the guild you're looking for.

Also, if you happen to be bad, bad, baaaaad, then you can infiltrate it! Get intel, spy around, use the guild as a cover to smuggle stuff! Just don't be surprised if you're caught and sent to jail.

Okay, you convinced me, where do I sign up?
Easy now. As I said, this is a roleplaying guild. So you'll have to work your way in. This doesn't mean it will be hard, not at all: the House needs people to be active, and if your intentions are good you'll be welcome with wide arms. You only need to find the Hydlaa billboard and read the flyer about it, or read up a little: that parchment counts as a recruit flyer you could find around. Jocas will always have his badge on, and you can recognize him by his traits: there's no other menki like him in game! Just read his description if you want, or address him after seeing his badge.

If you'd like to know more OOCly, you can always send me a private message, or try to find me on IRC, freenode network, usually hanging around in the #planeshift channel (I go by the name Mishka). If you happen to be in game, I'm Whisper friendly, as long as you make it clear it's OOC! As a last resort, you can reply to this thread, I'm not a cop!

Hope to see you around soon!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:24:12 am by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] House DeFaye
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:16 am »
Yay Yay, House DeFaye
(cheerleader role plz?)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
This seems quite fancy and well worked out, despite involving nobility (You know, sometimes people tend to overshoot it with Emperors and stuff ;D). I am quite curious and interested to see what kind of roleplay this will produce.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:44:24 am »
Jocas DeFaye, on behalf of the House DeFaye, would like to express his concern regarding the kidnapping of Dame Prreta Charme, and offers support to friends and relatives of the aforementioned.

Akavar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
I have to meet with Lord DeFaye as soon as possible. We have business to discuss.

Akavar Miriloon

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 12:45:53 am »
[This weekend, perhaps? :sweatdrop: You see, I'm kind of up to my eyebrows, but I'll try to hop in every now and then. If you want to contact me today, your best bet will be around 22:00 CEST (GMT+2). That's when I'm done studying and doing my homework. Hoping to see you in game! Best regards]

Orosan Sesieri

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:34 am »
I'm a newcomer to Yliakum, and very much want to become apart of a community, especially one dedicated to RP! I'll look forward in applying! I'll first have to find that leaflet though!  :)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »
Jocas is always looking forward to meeting a newcomer and welcoming them to the House. You can see the flyer at Hydlaa's billboard.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »
A warm welcome also from House Purrty, even if it is not as present as it used to be...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty