Author Topic: Lower NPC prices on looted items  (Read 561 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Lower NPC prices on looted items
« on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:49 am »
I am finding that selling items to players must be higher than NPC value. To stop yourself from getting ripped off.

At the moment '-encrusted' weapons are very high, this is great if you don't wish to sell to players, however it's terrible for selling to players as they don't want to spend a lot on a weapon that's got no buff and is only a collector and is pretty easy to get through loot. Many other weapons are like this, so I came here to complain that they should be dropped in NPC value.

I would say it's fine and I would just shrug it off. However it's all about RP, selling to players creates interactions with players, creating RP.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Tzarhunt

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Lower NPC prices on looted items
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:55:15 am »
Well the gems those weapons are encrusted with are valuable for they're æsthetic and rare. So it's logical that NPCs' prices are high for them; what is not is players would pay really little money for them.

Maybe non-warrior art-lovers characters would pay much for these.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:08 am »
the NPC prices for those weapons got higher to ensure those who get them at least get some profit off them. would you really prefer to just loot junk all the time that isn't worth anything?

I mean... they'd still be rather common with pretty much no demand, so you still wouldn't find somoene who buys them (at least that's my experience with those "encrusted" from the last years)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:57 am »
See how important a wisely chosen thread title is ... I already see the anger of all the noobs who still try to loot animals for their body parts to try to afford the next training lessons. There are still many animals which hardly drop anything valuable. Noobs still need to do mining or crafting in addition to afford their training. And then the oh-so-wise Vakachehk demands to lower their value?

They won't get that your only point of complaint are "encrusted weapons" until they eventually read your thread. And then realise that it was not worth the time reading it, as they are not yet able to loot weapon droping opponents anyway.

;) ^ Above said is satire.
__

There was a time of the guild "Ruby Reign". Already disbanded years ago ... but we might have bought ruby-encrusted weapons...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:10:33 am »
If encrusted weapons could be rendered into component materials by a crafter, metals and gems, that were required for crafting other items and such, then you might see an improvement in the situation. I would rather a scenario like that than dropping existing values.

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 07:01:50 pm »
I have an idea let's just eliminate all non-crafted weapons, you people abusing the dlayos day after day are not really role playing properly anyhow. By rights Gregori would have banned you from the arena long ago, The people abusing the consumers would have condemned the entire population of Yliakum to sickness and death due to there not being any garbage collectors left to clean up the environment and the sub-humans -- gobbles and riverlings would be extinct as well being unable to breed fast enough to replenish their numbers.

Anyway if you don't want to trade in fancy ceremonial weapons just don't. Proper merchants don't carry stock they cannot sell.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:09 am »
If a weapon is often looted it's not rare. If there's so many -encrusted weapons they aren't rare, therefore it shouldn't be worth that much. So either you drop the value of them or make them rarer, it has to be one or the other for it to work properly.

@LigH sure, make animal parts worth more like they used to be. It was far more balanced then. Since being a skillful hunter you made the same as a skillful miner.

@Bilbous well with a game that's unbalanced and isn't going to be balanced anytime soon, you have no choice but to 'abuse' or to 'be bored and eventually quit the game'.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.