Author Topic: Selling Guild houses  (Read 681 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Selling Guild houses
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:54 am »
I heard today that if a guild wishes to sell their Guild House it's against PS rules (Even though it's not stated anywhere). This is really anti capitalism, if you buy a house then it's yours and you should freely be allowed to sell it. Otherwise you never bought anything!

I believe that if a guild pays for the lock to be changed (I believe in handing 1 million trias to the GM team will get the lock changed) then that guild should be allowed to sell their house.
This would also allow guild leaders to sell their house if their guild is going inactive.

So discuss.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Guild houses
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:52 am »
This is really anti capitalism...

That's really funny.  ;D

Gen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 10:16:18 am »
Who said that capitalism is necessary in Yliakum, at least concerning guild houses? It seems to me that the government simply let an important guild use the house, for a good amount of money, but still remains of the property of the Ochtarchy. And anyway, being able to sell houses to others wouldn't work imo.

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:58:04 am »
It appears from this thread that the initial rules and regulations for guild houses are lost to the previous hosts archive.

Some further reading

You could always sell the guild leadership along with the house, the new owner could import his crew and export yours, then change the guild name.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »
Thinking about IC house laws, If the house is not in productive use, the octarchy will take it away, while giving nothing back to the guild, however, it is true, that it does not state, weather the house is still owned by the octarchy or not. Thus, players would assume, it is owned by their guild, and since there is no posted rule, anywhere, that they cant be sold, who's to stop you, if you all of a sudden, sold your guild keys to another guild? Who's to stop you, if you change the name of your guild, and hand leadership to another person? Who's to stop you.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

neko kyouran

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 03:57:57 pm »
It appears from this thread that the initial rules and regulations for guild houses are lost to the previous hosts archive.

your lost link [ url=http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=32366.0

fixed for you:  http://hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=32366.0

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 08:15:22 pm »
Thinking about IC house laws, If the house is not in productive use, the octarchy will take it away, while giving nothing back to the guild, however, it is true, that it does not state, weather the house is still owned by the octarchy or not. Thus, players would assume, it is owned by their guild, and since there is no posted rule, anywhere, that they cant be sold, who's to stop you, if you all of a sudden, sold your guild keys to another guild? Who's to stop you, if you change the name of your guild, and hand leadership to another person? Who's to stop you.

Exactly, very good point. I do find the GMs are a bit like a cheater who starts a game (makes the rules up as they go along). Instead of stating all of them before it begins.

Who said that capitalism is necessary in Yliakum, at least concerning guild houses? It seems to me that the government simply let an important guild use the house, for a good amount of money, but still remains of the property of the Ochtarchy. And anyway, being able to sell houses to others wouldn't work imo.

Well then again it's not buying is it? It's renting there's a huge difference. And every guild should be notified about it before the auction/hand over even begins. *Cough cough* Important... that's LOL, there's quite a few guilds that are of no importance IC or OOC, and what's stopping someone from biding if they aren't of importance? Price?

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:15:11 am »
Exactly, very good point. I do find the GMs are a bit like a cheater who starts a game (makes the rules up as they go along). Instead of stating all of them before it begins.
first of all changing a lock is a big nuiseance as the keys have to be taken back the lock destroyed together with them (and there will always be keys no one will ever find without a full db lookup which is no fun) and then recreated by changing also the scripts.
second it's not fair toward other guilds which won't be able to participate in the selling because of the low amount of houses
third we need to keep log of who owns an house if player sells them around we can't anymore then some come complain "oh someone emptied my new shiny house" because a key ended up in wrong hands
forth according to that definition any government in the world, any internet provider, any game developer and publisher including sony, microsoft, nintendo, ea, valve... actually almost anything around is a cheater.  

interesting coincidence i got this in the same exact minute i've posted this:
Code: [Select]
We wanted to let you know that we've made some changes to the Dropbox Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Security Overview. We did this to make our policies easier to read and understand, and better reflect product improvements we've made to Dropbox. Please read about these changes in our blog post, and read the docs themselves:
TOS
      * Privacy Policy
      * Security Overview
      * We welcome feedback on the changes at tos-feedback@dropbox.com. Please note that by continuing to use Dropbox, you agree to our new TOS which will be effective on July 15th, 2011.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:17:56 am by weltall »

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 01:22:06 am »
That's far more different. If those companies change anything (which 99% of everything is already stated) you have the chance to do what you feel like, before their date of change imply (more talking about Governments there) and you free to complain on and on at companies if they do change, unlike with Planeshift.

You're the one who says creating GHs is a lot of hard work in the first place. It's gotta be one of the other, you cant just stop selling GHs altogether. That would make the game a lot more boring than it already is.

First of all, of course there would be some rules in self selling. And also you'd have to go through the GM team/Octarch Governement (using them as a Real Estate Agent or something along those lines). Of course it would have to be the current guild leader to decide to sell, and 3 members (if active, if not proceed).

Keys... well, there's gonna have to be something done about the mess involved there. I think there should be a GM in charge of GHs and they have all rights to change what ever, so long as the guild leader is notified or asks first. A command is made so that the GM can simple change a lock and a window is available for them to see who has a key to X Guild House. However the GM cannot create a GH, only Talad or another dev can. This will be like how Marathal is in charge of locking in items. Anyways this is just my opinion.

bilbous

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 03:09:59 am »
How odd that lost link looks. It does not appear to be the origin of player guild-houses at all. The further reading thread I posted above was the announcement of the first sale and I'm thinking there must have been a thread that came before it stipulating the rules but my search did not find it. Perhaps if I hadn't specified my search terms had to appear in the thread title I might have found it but it is also possible it was stuck in maintenance mode as well. If there was indeed such a thread it would be well to have it stickied in the rules forum. If there isn't it would be worthwhile to have one put up now so that it is clear to everyone what exactly the situation is. The rules about guild houses do not appear there currently.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 06:29:33 am »
because the lack of rules issue came up recently and the gm have been evaluating it

bilbous

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 11:49:40 am »
I was not criticizing, rather trying to make a helpful suggestion. In further searches trying to determine the original posting I have identified another lost thread linked from this thread that might have relevant information. I was pretty sure that I remembered some kind of structured introduction to guild house auctions but have been unable to uncover the earliest posting in that regards. If such was the case then that should help the GMs with their deliberations, no?

Certainly rules can change over time but history should not be forgotten.