Author Topic: Laanx Dungeon  (Read 609 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Laanx Dungeon
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:46:44 am »
Lately I've spent a bit of time down in the the Laanx Dungeon and I was just wondering about it's origin and reason(s) for existence. Is it actually there for the temple and/or Laanx? I mean if you enter the dungeon from the temple you go through a well and a cave not a proper built entrance :/

Is it a burial well, or a catacomb (like the one in Paris, that'd be pretty cool)
Was it built as a safe haven? Maybe in case all the Talad followers start a ragging war against them?

I tried to see what PSWiki might say about it, but it had nothing of value. I also didn't find any books dedicated to it in Jayose's Library. So just wondering if anyone might know?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:24:46 am by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

bloodedIrishman

Re: Laanx Dungion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:39:24 pm »
Cuz it looks cool

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »
If you read the quest text they say they throw valuables down there as offerings to Laanx.

However I'm relatively certain those really end up offerings to the mobs down there.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »
 :innocent:

Silly ass, a dungeon is a place to tie people up and spank them.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:30:48 pm »
With the gold chains the devout throw into the well?

* Candy makes a mental note to avoid sending her Ynnwn characters to the well wherever possible...
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:59 pm »
So I've just read through some unreleased setting info and I figured I'll summarize it for you.

"The majority of the iron used in the initial work for the construction of the Laanx temple was mined from beneath the temple foundations. This resulted in people digging down, discovering more ore as the first veins ran out, carving out passages and chambers to follow the flow of the ore. As they continued they created a kind of underground temple set and divided with heavy doors of iron. It was here in these chambers and tunnels that they first started their worship of Laanx, here where they converted new followers into their faith. It took more than 20 years before the temple was finally finished, and once it was the faithful left and move from the temple formed during the mining above into what is now the Laanx Temple."

Now, this might not be the /final/ version of things when this is written out in game, finally, but it wont be much different. This was also hundreds of years before the point we are playing at now and the area had clearly become rundown and disused, and Hydlaa would have developed round the mines a lot since they were used for this.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:02:29 am »
Venalan, you are freaking awesome.
Role Play Preferences

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:19:35 am »
I'm making a push to get the settings we have written released, some books were recently released (https://twitter.com/PlaneShift , https://twitter.com/Venalan ), I've got some more books coming soon. And the current prospects are also helping with new settings for a number of different topics, also more books coming soon.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 01:38:10 am »
Does the title line not have spell checking?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 02:04:42 am »
All of this talk of dungeons, what should and should not be done in them (Rigwyn :p), and unreleased settings, but what does LigH snag on? The spelling. ;) That's our LigH. And I believe there isn't a spell check for the title line.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:31:06 am »
You know. Germans. "Grammar nazis". But hopefully grammar-/spelling-only...

The dungeon is inconsistent, anyway. Ask Kilas Tungse. He sends you into the dungeon to retrieve his abacus, but denies its existence.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:38:03 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:00:14 am »
Thank you Venalan.      \o/
Somebody give this guy a doobie .. I mean a cigar
>.>
<.<

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 08:31:42 am »
You know. Germans. "Grammar nazis".

I beg to differ. If I'm anywhere near as annoying as LigH regarding off-topic pedantic dick-weedery correction of accidental typos while often using incorrect grammar or wording myself, then please, somebody kill me.

On topic: I approve of the push towards getting more settings done and released. Because this is so important for a game, especially if it's supposed to be RP-heavy. Edit: Also, I love this particular explanation.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:18:24 pm »
It was probably influenced by the halls of Khazad Dûm.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:19:56 pm by Gilrond »

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »
Kull plots and schemes beneath the Temple with Zak and other nefarious neer-do-well-ers.  :devil:

LIKE A BOSS