Author Topic: A short snippet of Hydlaa's History!  (Read 755 times)

Kushiael

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A short snippet of Hydlaa's History!
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:45:29 pm »
I felt this was more historical-fiction then a good roleplaying story.
I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Octarch Reginald IV was best known for his establishment of the infamous "Burn the plague away" act. This act legalized any use of fire if the defending part claimed to be burning away the vile plague fumes. This unjust act gave many the legal right to commit arson and spread the plague. When Reginald IV finally died in the year 296, ironically of the plague, the new Octarch repealed his law, made it a high crime to commit arson, and eventually stopped the spread of the plague by killing off all plague spreading Ulbernauts.

Other things of note from the rule of Reginald IV was his eccentric style of politics. He believed that the people preferred a terrible, horrifying lie to the truth. He used this strategy throughout his years as a politician and forced others to follow suite. This eccentric style caused mass hysteria and city-wide panic, and eventually the riots of 280.

Reginald IV was known as the eccentric for his, dare I say, odd ideas. There were many assassination attempts but all failed for Reginald, though a bit touched in the head, was a seasoned warrior who had fought in countless battles. The most renowned assassination attempt would probably be the deadly beggar.

While touring the city Reginald came upon a beggar. This beggar was a seasoned assassin trained in the arts of covertcy. While Reginald engaged his guards about the beggar, the assassin struck. Camel, the assassin, slowly, so that the guards wouldn't pay too much attention, pulled a knife from his sleeve and whipped it at Reginald. Reginald, on the other hand, merely grabbed it from the air a few inches from his neck. He didn't even turn to face the assassin when he said "Off with his head..." in a bored tone. This is just one of the many examples of Reginald's military and physical prowess.

Author's note:
Reginald IV has been removed from many books of history due to his cruelty and the fact that any citizens who found such books burned them "in the name of destroying the plague".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:31:00 pm by Kushiael »