Author Topic: Games for the Gods  (Read 1103 times)

Lorepius

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Games for the Gods
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:20:43 am »
Ladies, gentelmen, and stone golems... It is time, as it used to be many cicles ago, that the Games for the Gods are organized.
Try your luck in dueling, climbing, cooking, joke making, and many more!
Wether for the grand prize, the bragging rights, or just for fun, you should enlist! Today!

[Just contact Ezus Mey for more info, or PM me here, or just say it here in this thread]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:46:05 am by Lorepius »

Lorepius

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Games for the Gods
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:39:16 am »
List of disciplines coming soon. As well as a list of prizes.
 :lol:

Also, let us hear what you think about the Games for the Gods!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:48:32 am by Lorepius »

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »
Sounds like a potentially very big event, I'd love to know more about what you have in mind for the dueling aspect...
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Lorepius

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:51:59 am »
Dueling: 1 on 1 dueling (in the sewers and various other locales)
No  mounts, dueling via the /challenge command.
             Guild Wars (in the Arena in the Dlayos Pit, unless I find another location)
As the Champions Cup.
             Mounted Duels (in the sewers and various other locales)
Same as the 1 on 1 duels, only with mounts

Hope this answers your question, Caraick!

Potions and food are allowed. Magic is allowed only in special Magic Duels.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:10:41 am by Lorepius »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:03:54 am »
As long as magic is allowd, DW masters are going to be 1-hit killing each other with that one spell i forgot...
Might just be  potential 1 hit kills, haven't been in game since before stats/skills were moved to 400/200
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:27:26 am »
Sounds like a wonderful idea! I look forwards to hearing more about it :)
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:43 pm »
I look forward to it :)

Small comment on the dueling rules:  If you're doing one-on-one dueling, and are allowing food/potions, the duels themselves will never end... Players have shortcuts such as /use 15 Greater Potion of Healing that essentially fill up their entire health bar.  With some of the duelists at 1600 hit points, it will quickly become a contest of who's got the most potions or bread crumbs. 

Love to hear your thoughts on it, best of luck with planning this all out! :)
-CD

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:23:10 am »
As long as magic is allowd, DW masters are going to be 1-hit killing each other with that one spell i forgot...
Might just be  potential 1 hit kills, haven't been in game since before stats/skills were moved to 400/200
Not possible, it wasn't even possible at the old stats max. And two DW masters going at eachother would take a long time seeing as they are somewhat "immune" to the spells.

Small comment on the dueling rules:  If you're doing one-on-one dueling, and are allowing food/potions, the duels themselves will never end... Players have shortcuts such as /use 15 Greater Potion of Healing that essentially fill up their entire health bar.  With some of the duelists at 1600 hit points, it will quickly become a contest of who's got the most potions or bread crumbs. 
Not necessarily. If you get in a skilled/lucky hit, you are able to take down an opponent with 1600 HP in 1-2 hits. So potions/foods would only be of use in the case of hits that just leaves a fleshwound.

This sounds like fun, around what date(s) will this event happen?  :)
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:29 am »
One thing I would like to know: Will the participants divided into groups? Jilata would like to join (if I am on at the time the event is held) but she has the stats she needs for fighting at 200 and I don't want her to fight against someone with already maxed stats... Well, rather she wouldn't do it if she doesn't see a chance for winning (There is just no sense behind it for her otherwise  :P )

Lorepius

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 03:35:40 pm »
Contestants are going to be seperated into two groups: Novices and Masters, based on their skills and winch acess.

It is too early to establish dates (the event is still in a concept phase).

Also, anyone interested o helping me organise/donate things? It would speed up things a great deal.

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 04:42:00 pm »
Myself, or the Klyros Junction, also the rest of AoL should be able to help you out with prizes or organisation. Many of the KJ are busy right now though, but good luck on the event!

Vassilli

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:19 pm »
This seems like a very widely-encompassing event, with a whole spectrum of ideas and contests that you've got worked up.  I'd definitely recommend looking for some sort of help, if you intend on running all these events simultaneously.  In my experience in other RPG's, events of this type usually failed if the sole organizer was the only one who was doing the organizing and administrating of the events.  Look for some help in refereeing and arbitrating each individual contest, and also look for individuals with interest in each specific contest, and see if they're be interested in aiding you in organizing the entire event as a whole.

That being said, best of luck with the event, I don't know if this sort of thing is easy to organize around here, but nontheless, best of luck!
-V

Lorepius

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 04:13:20 pm »
We (I) are (am) looking for medics, judges and organisers! Anyone interested? ;D

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 06:46:44 pm »
I'd really like to be able to participate in the dueling part, but I'd offer any help that you'd need for any of those areas that you needed help on  :)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »
I'll send you a PM Lorepius. Wouldn't mind helping out!
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.