Author Topic: I want to be a noob again :(  (Read 868 times)

Wavan Levironk

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
I want to be a noob again :(
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:37 am »
We all hate newbies, don't feel bad if you do, we all do, noobs are meant to be hated and pwnd. It's in their essence, and only experience changes that. But, think about it, didn't you have fun when you were a noob?

You open PS, it crashes. You open it again, it crashes again. DAAAAMN YOU PSCLIENT!!! You get in to the forums, you get the typical:
"Have you reset your computer? Updated your drivers? Yeah, Intel/ATI/whatever sucks (but NVIDIA doesn't)...."

You get sick of it and go to do something else. You try to run the client some hours after your last attempt. IT RUNS SMOOTH. You start to think you are an idiot, or devs are trolling you.

Time to create your character. You choose the Dermorian. Your goal is to be Legolas. Your father was a very well known alchemist, your mother worked in a library. It's done \o/

You get in the game. You start wandering around asking where you are. Someone tells you to go to kill rats and leads you to the sewers. You start your rat killing with a pair of SS that awesome guy gave you. You stand in front of another elf. It doesn't look like a rat, rats aren't that tall. You hover your mouse on the 3D model, blue letters say "Relliom". It can't be that dangerous right?

You wake up in the Death Realm. Time to wait for someone to guide you out there. You are lucky, someone has decided to die and you get out of there. You find out about mining, you have no mining skills and you can't carry any ores because Dermorians have low strength.

- But I'm an awesome alchemist!!
- It's not implemented yet!
- But... it will be soon right? :'(
- Well yeah, 3 years and they still haven't got it.
- FUUUUUUUUUU.

You go to create another strong, miner character. Kran with father miner! But then someone tells you about RP.

- What the f* is RP?
- RP is what this game is about, read the info about your race.

"Kran are stupid by nature" → Taken from the official documentation.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU again. What other character can I create? Strong, cool and good miner?

Enkidukai whose father was a miner \o/

Then you get the settings right, and you take the next step. FIGHTING. You kill one of the Tefusang near Ojaveda and you feel strong enough to challenge some random guy when you are level 20 in Swords. He kills you in one hit:

- What the Talad? How did you do that?
- Level 100 in Swords, 300Q SS.
- :o

At least you now know how to get out of the DR. You want to max your stats. They tell you about the winch.

- I've been playing for 2 months and NOW I found out there's a secret place called the winch?
- It's not that secret, the NPCs talk about it in the quests, don't you read them?
- Yeah, they also talk about Alchemy.

So you get to the winch, max your stats and swords, time to go for magic.

- Is it always so boring and expensive?
- Yep, I'm level 199 though, there was a bug in red way some time ago.
- :o
- Yep, and there was this quest bugged that gave you loads of gold, and this bug to duplicate items...

You curse your luck (why haven't I started playing before?) and you remember that moment forever.

Some time after that, someone walks up and asks you where he is. You take him to the sewers, teach him to fight, tell him you got Q300 SS and that back when you played:

- NPCs were always impervious to attack.
- There was no platinum, and when it started, people raced to get level 50 in metallurgy.
- The best place to find people was in Levrus' gold mine.
- There was a time when platinum was very easy to get, and iron and coal (specially this last one) were a pain in your butt.
- There was this sack bug that allowed you to get infinite ores.
- Chain mail armor was the reward for some quests, and you could only get the torso and the arms.
- You could kill Dlayos because they didn't fight back.

DAMN I'M A PRO!!! You feel the game isn't as interesting now.

So this is a serious request for the devs, please, remake the whole game, make us feel noobs again.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:38:20 am by Wavan Levironk »
"The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile." - Ayrton Senna

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: I want to be a noob again :(
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:48:49 am »
You're a noob.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Vassilli

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:20 pm »
So this is a serious request for the devs, please, remake the whole game, make us feel noobs again.

If such drastic change is what you're looking for, you might want to go try and find a new game. 

Mask

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Without imagination, we never will go anywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »

Well, the game needs to be made first. And there is still a lot of work to do. Until 1.0, feel free to rp within the bounds of reason with the current mechanics of the game.  :)
It's just an idea, it might contain nonsense until proper sources are given.

First rule of programming: Documentation, Documentation, Documentation.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:55:38 pm »
* Elvicat knows Wavan's feeling

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:35 pm »

Well, the game needs to be made first. And there is still a lot of work to do. Until 1.0, feel free to rp within the bounds of reason with the current mechanics of the game.  :)
Woah now, have a little respect, this man has been arounda  a while, im sure he knows exactly what he 'can' do now, he wants to be able to do 'more' later,
But yeah, for a restart, you would want to find a different game,
which reminds me, i should check in with TA, havent seen their progress in a good 3--4 months, mabey longer
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 02:23:48 am »
Thank you for the broad smile you gave me, Wavan! :thumbup:

I am still a noob too, after playing more than 5 years already. So much has changed in the meantime. And it will change again.

Everyone who is unable to play several hours each day, will be a noob again after just a few months, when everyone else who had so much time maxed another skill in the meantime.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:26 am »
You newbies.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:00 am »
Sangwa you re-newbie.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »
My char is an enki whose father was a miner. :innocent:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 03:15:39 am »
What else... :P

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Jjairr

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Felines Lair
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
My favorite part of this entire thing was, "It doesn't look like a rat, rats aren't that tall."

Agreed with LigH, thanks for the smile. Makes me long for the good old days.

Lilura: ralas and Jjairr  be all like "oh i was a xiosia worshiper before she existed" "rivnaks are too mainstream I ride a yulbar" "I was a nolthirir before they were green"