Author Topic: I have a few monster ideas for the game  (Read 409 times)

braveborn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I have a few monster ideas for the game
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:38 pm »
these are some ideas i had for my own game i wanted to make but im not persuing that path any longer so if you guys want to you can use them you can i dont have a problem with it. tell me what you think about them.

The Cremator
The cremator lives in dungeons, labarynths and most other poorly lit places. It stands about as tall as 8ft with a very bulky body. it moves fairly slow but its power is overwelming for the unprepared traveler that comes across it. it's body is made mostly of granite with spikes going down its back and stretching across it's tail. it has fire blazing from the cracks in it's hide that will make small burn damage when you get to close. it's body is massive and hard so cold attacks would work quite well along with crushing attacks. it has large hands and feet. it has bright yellow eyes and sharp black teeth. it's main attacks are it's massive hands grabbing you and heating them up to burn you and then throwing you across the field. another is it swings it's tail around to drop your feet from under you. it's secondary attack would be a incinerating blast of fire that gives burn damage of moderate propotion. it's weaknesses would be cold spells and crushing attacks. the cremator is a very strong foe to defeat in battle

The Zarenaths
The Zarenaths are a race of creatures that are dark red in color and resemble a demon. they stand about as tall as a six year old child. they are fast moving and attacking creatures. they usually travel in groups of three but have been known to travel and hunt in larger groups of eight. their attacks are fast but are fairly weak. they have long thin tails with a barb on the end. they have small villages over the plains with houses made in the ground like a wolf den. they have a scythe like blade on the back of there fourarm and long claws on their three fingers. their short legs are covered in tiny spikes that are used for defense when something is trying to eat them. even for a traveler that travels very light has an easy time dispatching them but in larger groups they will have some difficulty doing so. their main attacks would be using the scythe to cut you at your waist and lower and using their claws to stab you and make holes in your body. the secondary attack would be them kicking you rapidly their short feet. they are of easy difficulty but in larger numbers would be more difficult

The Hawk Strykerz
The Hawk Strykerz are a tribal group that live in the night and have given the gift of infravision from being in the dark for so long. they are all as tall as 6ft 8 inches male or female. they have a dark complection. they are as fast as a normal human but are not human. they have longer arms that are used for catching escaping prey. they use spears and bows along with daggers and rock knives. they wear low ql hide armor that offers some protection. they are of moderate difficulty.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: I have a few monster ideas for the game
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »
First one is an Ulbernaut with fire in it

Second one is a diaboli child

Third one are Gobbles

Gotta read up on the game lore!

Vassilli

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:05:22 pm »
The second monster idea also seems to be similar to Velnishi....

braveborn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »
i didnt know they were similar sorry

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:23:08 pm »
The first one may be similer ins ize, but does not resemble an ulbernuat in my eyes, if anything it would be more like a close to molten rock monster....
compared to an ulbernuat, which is basically a bear.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:10 am »
Go to Jayose's library, and read the books "Selected Beasts ..." in two volumes. This is what the Settings Department published for the players already. And there may be more planned which are not included in these books.

A "molten rock" monster sounds similar to the Quinx, a metal based magnetic creature.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 02:50:29 am »
the first one was neat until i got to the part where it wasn't a giant slime monster
all blessings to the assembled devotees.