Author Topic: Mellas' Little Sketchbook  (Read 3570 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mellas' Little Sketchbook
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 02:13:11 am »
I guess she will change clothes - one for the air, one for the water. "When in Hydlaa, do like the Hydlaans do."

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
Ligh: Thank you for pointing that out, I can safely say that I didn't really pay any attention to that little detail at all, but I'll keep it in mind for the next time ;) Much appreciated!

Illysia: Thank you! And you've made a fair point. Maybe she's wearing some better water-clothing underneath this outfit ;)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 01:35:59 pm »
I'm not sure why, but I really like her hand (the one holding up the CW[?] globe of light). Probably mostly because I find hands incredibly difficult to draw.

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:44 am »
Thank you Mariana! I really love drawing hands, they can be very expressive by themselves :)

Here's a quick doodle I did of a random fenki. I think I messed up a bit on the PlaneShift design with her hair, and something doesn't feel right about the feet, but I like it none the less :)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 11:15:56 am »
she's also missing her tail...

it's a pet peeve of mine to see enki portrayed with human hair, but i'll look past that. I really like your style Mellas.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:31 am »
Haha! You're completely right, SHAME on me! I'm going to add that tail. I think I added the hair because she looks so bald without it, but I'll double check on that too :)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 12:42:36 pm »
A very nice image indeed. I like her expression, it's very playful, and matches her posture. Though I'm with Aramara on the hair...I feel like some believe fenki aren't feminine without long flowing locks. I'd just disagree with that sentiment, I mean, have you ever looked at a bengal tiger and thought, "Damn, that thing's HIDEOUS." Probably not. I imagine enki possess this kind of beauty, regal, maybe even feral. That's just personal preference though, I'm not sure if settings specifically state that enki do or do not have longer hair on their heads.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 03:35:46 pm »

Perhaps she has a little Ylian in her blood xD ? As an artist.. you have a license bend the rules ;)

Nice drawing!

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 05:37:59 pm »
 ;D True enough. There is a Ylian mommy of three little cubs running around!
* Mariana Xiechai looks around for Teshia...

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »
* Tessra can only hope her daughter ends up looking that lovely... to make Caraick spend years beating the boys away from her.

Lovely job, Mellas! I do love the fluidity and expressions of your work.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 02:28:52 pm »
Thank you so muchly Mariana, Rigwyn and Tessra! :D
Actually the idea of enki cubs sounds really adorable, maybe I should try to draw that too <3

Here's an updated version of the fenki, I added the tail and got rid of the hair. It took me a while to get the face right without the hair, but I think it turned out alright. At least, I hope so :)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »
I think it looks great! You still were able to retain a sense of femininity without the hair. I'm guessing that since you were able to make such adjustments cleanly that this is a digital drawing?

(at risk of sounding nitpicky of other peoples' work, you may want to reconsider just where that tail is growing out of ;P)
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
Well isn't she a hottie ;D Very nice Mellas, very nice indeed. I enjoy your style; somewhat cartoon-y and yet with realistic proportions. And I like her eyes.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:36 pm »
Wanna play, kitty? ;D

Really good comic style. Could become a regular web comic even ...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:29:40 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 08:08:35 pm »
Aramara: XD I had a bit of trouble in that area actually, but I think I can fix that in the colored version :) And no, it's not digital, I did the adjustments with pencil (added a little random shading) and scanned it in anew. I did remove some of the messy lines with photoshop. Glad you think it looks great none the less! ;)

Mariana: Sometimes I wish my style was more realistic than cartoonish, but I can't seem to get rid of it xD Thank you though! :)

Ligh: Thank you! Must be a good sign, since I'm actually studying Comic Design! I'd like to get a weekly comic started when I have a graphic tablet, my mouse will do an RSI attack on me VERY soon T_T

Here's another concept of an elf I've been working on for a LONG time. I'm finally going to consider it finished tonight and move on to other projects. (PlaneShift is inspiring me! :D )  The colors are a bit unstable in this one, so I'm not sure how it shows up on different monitors.