Author Topic: Boni's Scribbles  (Read 3412 times)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Boni's Scribbles
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:48 am »
Thanks, Rheos.

Maybe I should add a few words about the scribble. My main interest was to capture this particular expression you sometimes see in the face - or mainly in the eyes - of a cat that is chasing its prey. For Boni it is sort of the same hunting fever with ulbers, neoten or other beasts taller and heavier than herself. And this facial expression really suffers from downscaling, so I recommend taking a look at the linked scan.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
Lovely, Boni!  I greatly admire how you work with pen.  It's an utterly terrifying prospect to me, as like Mari says... no eraser.  But you do such a wonderful job with it!!   \\o//
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:52 am »
Very nice one, Boni.  :)
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 08:22:35 am »

I could not resist to tinker with the last scribble using the gimp.
Yeah, I know, I should leave that kind of art to people who have talent for it (good example: Dannae  :thumbup:), but it was kind of fun to experiment.

For those of you who are interested in the major steps of colorization, I made an animated gif. (Sorry LigH, the preview is totally wrecked ;D)
http://psps.psde.de/image/view/303/_original

To add some more useless information: The ballpoint pen scribble took about 15 minutes for a sketch and another 20 for some details. Coloring frames one to 15 took maybe half an hour. The last frame, which contains the details, took almost an hour, heck, I won't try again such a thing without a tablet pen.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:45 pm »
She's amazing Boni.  Really, she is.  I love how the coloration fades out and how the details in the shading are just lovely.   :thumbup: (i know, such technical terms >.< )
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 04:51:20 am »
No surprise Ulbernauts flee in panic at this sight... ;D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
Lovely Boni and well worth your efforts! I always love to see others interpretations of characters here no matter how well or even badly drawn. The goal should be to enjoy the process as much as the results.  O--) O--) O--)
I almost feel spoiled using a cintiq tablet when I hear of others who have to push a mouse around to draw or paint. I admit it though, I definitely AM spoiled!
...TY for the nod too!

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 09:41:06 am »
Thanks for all the feedback (for which "technical" terms are appreciated, too).

I agree that the process of drawing should be fun, it can be a good stress relief, actually. Sometimes a simple scribble can capture a scenery, emotions, or dynamics quite well, so it is always interesting to browse the fan art area.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 10:59:18 am »

I can't help it, but it's time for a double post.

You see a strong Rivnak named Mueffel Bueffel. The lovely odor of ripe duppong fruits spreads from its muzzle as the proud and gracious creature watches your every movement with vigilant eyes.
;D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:15 pm »
Ah, that's why I hear a belling like from a deer when I pass the Ulbernaut herd...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty