BoevenF
6 (37.5%)
novacadian
3 (18.8%)
Candy
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 31, 2012, 03:12:30 am

Author Topic: [CAC] Laanx  (Read 1268 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
[CAC] Laanx
« on: November 16, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »
This thread is part of the

Artists:
Please post here your artwork showing how you imagine the goddess Laanx to appear.

Developers:
Please post here any official sources which may have been missed and which can be published outside of the game, or at least some hints where to find descriptions in game, if allowed.

Chapter 3. Setting and Background
3.4. Yliakum History
3.4.1. FIRST EPOCH: LAANX AND TALAD
Laanx and Talad were beautiful and harmonious; they were inquisitive and always looking for new knowledge to enrich their eternal lives. Laanx was a tall and perfectly shaped female with long, white hair as silky as the threads of a spider's web. Her lunar skin reflected the azure beams of the crystal and refracted the light into hypnotic patterns as alluring as her dancing, ruby-colored eyes. A thin silver band clasped Laanx's left ankle. She was evanescent, cold and yet yielding, light and ethereal like the evening air.

This thread is planned to collect artwork up to a first deadline, as you can find in the main thread. Afterwards, a poll shall be added so people can vote up to a second deadline.

Please respect the forum rules and common sense when posting images. Try to limit the size of posted pictures, use thumbnails linked to the full size image if possible. You are invited to use e.g. PSPS (gallery: FanArt) as picture host.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:57:38 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
Re: [CAC] Laanx
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:07:56 pm »
Appearance

Laanx appears as an empty thick red tunic, with a featureless mask.

This is in his male form. Your description is in her former female form only. In his male form, he pretty much looks like his statue on the plaza, only it's not obvious there that the tunic is red.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »
There is a slight difference in our points of view, probably. It is documented that Laanx used a male voice after her incident, and refused to appear obviously as female. But still I believe that Laanx did not change the gender completely, despite an "androgynous" appearance.

But that is a personal point of view, as long as I see the settings open enough for interpretation.

And in this contest, of course both eras of Laanx are interesting to see expressed.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »
There is a slight difference in our points of view, probably. It is documented that Laanx used a male voice after her incident, and refused to appear obviously as female. But still I believe that Laanx did not change the gender completely, despite an "androgynous" appearance.

I was not trying to state my point of view, I followed the linked PSWiki article with the usage of gender. Which clearly says "goddess" and "she" before she began denying her femininity, and uses "god" and "he" to address him after. You are free to have your own interpretation, I didn't mean to argument against it; but I was trying to follow the "official" wording.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:19 pm »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:31 pm »
Trying to draw what's under the mask.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 12:42:57 pm »
Laanx after the change.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »
comeonnnnnnn show some mercy!!!  :o

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 01:00:53 am »
no mercy to be shown to a blood thirsty "god"-failure :P

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »

Can't decide how to draw the masked one...I tried basing it off the Plaza statue but that's so plain.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »
no mercy to be shown to a blood thirsty "god"-failure :P

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 03:13:37 am »
It's time to vote! The results will be visible after the poll finished, in February.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »
Now that the time window for the poll is over, I feel like declaring my clear favorite in the contest (all dieties, not only Laanx). It's found two replies above this one, and it has more style than any other submission :)
Hope to see more doomed art in the future, Boeven!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:03 am »
Congratulations to the winner, and many thanks to all participants and readers!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
I voted for LigH's here even though I was a bit reluctant to, but I liked the image even if not a real painting. Tell me if I'm wrong please LigH, but I understand your pieces to be photos with watercolor and other filters applied to create the final. I'm not saying it doesn't take talent to produce the effect you are looking for, it does, and I think your eye for creating an artistically nice looking image is excellent, it's just that I'm predisposed to prefer something created entirely by the artist without use of photography. Still, I liked this one enough to cast my vote for it.