Author Topic: Trying my paw at this stuff called drawing  (Read 359 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Trying my paw at this stuff called drawing
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »
Be nice! Some flaws I pointed were the paws. I can't draw paws. I think her shoulder are a bit too... high? Yeah, I think that's it. Maybe the torso too, but I'm overall happy with it. What I'm most proud of is the face, even though the eyes are a tad misaligned. Judge yourself!

I'll be "inking" it in Photoshop soon. My nerd companions, what do you think is a good thickness for the brush? :P

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trying my paw at this stuff called drawing
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:46:50 am »
i think it looks good Mishy! I'm just glad it's not a raccoon ;P

as for inking, I guess brush size depends on the resolution you're working with, also a general rule is to use thicker lines for outer edges and thinner lines for interior, but then again, rules are meant to be broken. Another question, do you have a tablet? cuz i find it impossible to create steady lines in photoshop with a mouse. That's why I used Illustrator for the line work and then did coloring and such in photoshop.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying my paw at this stuff called drawing
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:02 am »
No, I don't have a tablet. I assume you have Photoshop. The pen tool can be used to simulate the kind of strokes one would do when drawing with a tablet. Check out this tutorial I found on deviantArt, which is what I'll use for the "inking": http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/171/6/5/Pen_Tool_Tutorial___30K_Views_by_Popo_Licious.gif

And also, I've never seen raccoons in any comic. Them furries tend to like wolfes/foxes, felines and lagomorphs (rabbits/hares), and occassionally equines, ursines and sergals, more than other animals such as raccoons.

Edit: I've tried to use a tablet before, only to realize my hands shake too much and it's way too fluid for me to draw correctly.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:31:31 am by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."