Author Topic: PlaneShift group on DA  (Read 745 times)

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
PlaneShift group on DA
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:57:49 pm »
Hi everyone, we just started a PS related group on deviantart and everyone with something to contribute is invited!
The aim of the group is to promote PS related art in DA, make the game more known to the world and get more people to play or join the dev team. Its certain there is lots of cool artwork about PS there and we already invited a lot of people. Should you find you haven't been invited though (I couldn't send more than 25 invites) you can send a join request. The group is PlaneShiftRPG and anyone can submit things even without joining but being a member allows you to put art to the gallery directly.

Link: https://planeshiftrpg.deviantart.com/

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneShift group on DA
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:36 am »
Been wondering for a while if I should create an deviantart account and put my art there to have it organized. Would anyone recommend that? I hardly have any knowledge about that site and no experience with it.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:46 am »
Probably yes. I made an account too. It may be a little annoying now and then, recommending an expensive kind of membership, and supporting the sale of your art in a slightly persisting manner, but if you get used to it, you can handle your account well.

It took me a bit time to discover how to create categories, that may be available only after uploading the first image.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »
Ok, I will probably grumble about it for hours and hours, but I've uploaded some of my stuff to DA, and will send a request to join this group..   :sweatdrop:
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:08 am »
Joined! I'm looking forward to seeing all that art. :)
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:35:17 am »
Why is there a "one deviation per folder and day" limit? Does dA enforce that or is it artificial? Really sucks if you have to add a stack of Dermorian pictures, but have to wait for an entire day between submissions... or is that limit lifted if you join the group?

(Doesn't matter though, my art sucks and will probably be rejected anyway... ;) )

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 11:00:33 am »
You can just join the group and submit up to 5 on each folder per day apart from featured. I set that number but the limit exists most probably to prevent spam (thus why non members get to post only one per day). I thought i sent you an invitation already though, maybe it expired :P

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 09:37:29 am »
...to be honest... this may sound cocky or overreactive, and maybe it is; but I don't really want to join the group and just add the art I have as a non-member. I am not proud of the amount of time I've spent on PS-related stuff that in the end I feel was completely wasted, but at least want to allow others to enjoy the couple of persistent things I made, if they choose to do so. So I'll just add my stuff as a non-member, waiting a day between each submission. No big deal.

That said, I don't think I got an invitation. But maybe I somehow missed it or accidentally dismissed it. Or I just forgot.

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 12:15:03 pm »
I request whoever has the ability to edit the deviantart categories to correct the spelling of one of my fave races... Nolthrir, and to give the one responsible for this typo 20 lashes with a wet fish!  :@#\     Oh, and make it a stinky one too!

Otherwise... Fun site and nice idea!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:17:16 pm by Dannae »

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »
I request whoever has the ability to edit the deviantart categories to correct the spelling of one of my fave races... Nolthrir, and to give the one responsible for this typo 20 lashes with a wet fish!  :@#\     Oh, and make it a stinky one too!

I cannot express how much I wish the responsible person is Talad. (Chances aren't that bad, seeing how the group's creator is a guy named "planeshift" from Italy with an iconic writing style that somehow seems familiar)

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:28 pm »

I cannot express how much I wish the responsible person is Talad. (Chances aren't that bad, seeing how the group's creator is a guy named "planeshift" from Italy with an iconic writing style that somehow seems familiar)

Ouch both of you! Its true Talad created the group but I'm the one who does the work and runs it in general. I'll fix the nolthir typo, and please don't hit too hard with the fish! And I don't really get why you don't want to join the group but its not like I mind! Sorry for the one per day limit, its just to prevent spam.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 07:23:46 pm »
I don't really get why you don't want to join the group but its not like I mind! Sorry for the one per day limit, its just to prevent spam.

No, I understand the spam prevention thing, and that's fine. And my reasons are complex I guess, and perhaps illogical. Not sure if I understand them myself. Maybe I will join later, who knows.

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:50 pm »
"Still waiting"
* Dannae taps her foot

Actually, nolthrir is misspelled in two places... the category heading and on the page of nolthrir pics. It's supposed to be spelled " n o l t h r i r "
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:41:20 pm by Dannae »

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »

You mean its actually spelled Nolthrir?
My mind is about to blow... i fixed it and don't talk to me about it for a while please...

* Chessire goes to buy glasses

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:26 pm »
Aweeeeeeee... thanks Chessire! Sorry to be a pain in the a _ _  about that, just couldn't help it.
You can always blame the mistake on having you brain rattled by too many fish floggings.