Author Topic: Leveling combat skills  (Read 2243 times)

Pierre

Re: Leveling combat skills
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:36 am »
This is excellent news.  I would like to test it with a low level alt.

I like Tzarhunt's idea of having potions masked as organs, very nice.

In that vein, we could pretend that they ate the potions during a fight, so an undigested potion could be looted from their entrails.  Hope that's not too gross :)  Something like "a healing potion is looted from the Tefusangling stomach."

CheatCat

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 02:36:25 am »
Well, Trepors spit out tria when they die. I guess there are a IC reason for this such as they are used as money bins.  ;D

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2015, 08:16:20 am »
Thanks for the news, Eonwind.
If players have difficulties to find the "right" beasts for training, why not show the amount of practice points gained in the system tab (e.g. some practice points --> 3 practice points)? Or are those ranges all-or-nothing?
Food for healing: Yes, as I already mentioned, it already seems quite useful. A stack of 60 food items can give you permanent healing for quite a while. I guess for a weaker character it looks even more impressive. And some food can be crafted almost effortlessly, so there may be room for some player economy :)
More potions from beasties? Mhm, I don't know if that is necessary, but it seems a bit odd. Maybe some direct recovery (also stamina etc) per kill works better?

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 10:29:31 am »
What happened to the pies we used to have as loot?

Not exactly sure on the stats & skills of my char at the time, but the pies were usually better than the potions for healing...
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event