Author Topic: Name changes, forum and game - possible?  (Read 714 times)

Pierre

Name changes, forum and game - possible?
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:04:24 pm »
Hi, this is directed to anyone who has authority over such things -

I would like to know if it is possible to get names changed in the forums.  Separate question, about getting name changed IG.  I think that is not possible but I want to confirm.

For the forums, por ejemplo, I would like to be known as Pierrette.

Is this possible?

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Name changes, forum and game - possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:58:58 pm »
It's possible to get a name change in-game - just ask a GM. As for forums, people have made alts here before if they wanted different names or to evade bans. I"m not sure about getting your original forum account's name changed, though.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:11:20 pm »
Name changes in game are only done when they are in violation with the 'Naming Policy'.
Some exceptions are made; see 'Requesting Valid Name Changes'.

Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 12:13:53 am »

Pierre

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 01:30:00 am »
Okey dokey.

* Pierre salutes smartly.

So only in specific circumstances as described.  Appreciate the link.  I can't get my IG sister to agree to a last name change so I won't be bothering anyone there, unless I get married and divorced (again).

How about in the forum?  Can I, Pierre, become Pierrette?

* Pierre clasps her hands and anxiously awaits a reply.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:32:38 am by Pierre »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:27:36 am »
no
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 07:44:24 am »
if what's written in this wiki page is true also for SMF 2.0.6 you need a forum admin doing this for you: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_change_your_username
I don't see a valid reason though, for creating a new username it's easier.

So for me Volki's minimalistic response is true, only less elaborate.  :D

Pierre

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »
So definitely possible, especially if I had a friend who was a mod.

But easier to make a new one you say...but then all of my darling posts and stats will be...nah.

Anyway, maybe a team member will confirm/deny that forum name changes aren't done unless they are needed (much like IG except we don't marry on the forums)(wonder why?). 

BoevenF, don't you have some art to do?  Remember your little tilty-headed Dakkru who I adore?  More please.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:57:43 pm by lilura »

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 04:02:02 am »
So definitely possible, especially if I had a friend who was a mod.

But easier to make a new one you say...but then all of my darling posts and stats will be...nah.

Anyway, maybe a team member will confirm/deny that forum name changes aren't done unless they are needed (much like IG except we don't marry on the forums)(wonder why?). 

BoevenF, don't you have some art to do?  Remember your little tilty-headed Dakkru who I adore?  More please.

As of now I didn't hear about forum name changes and like Boeven said it can be something doable only by forum Admins. If I recall correctly there are no specific name-changing policies for the forum (unless the name is an offensive one, but that's another topic) and like I said it's something never done. However I suggest you try to log in irc (#planeshift-gmtalk) and try to ask Talad directly whether or not it can be done.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:58:26 pm by lilura »

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 09:50:00 am »
I hope you'll indulge me 'cause I'm going slightly off topic.
I don't understand what advantage we may gain from stats except for the minimum of 10 posts before PM permission is granted.
What I've posted here will stay as long as admins like. My stats can be eaten by dakkru for what I care.

I'm pleased, but I'm afraid I have many things to do, all of them for the noble cause of eating IRL at least once a day, paying bills and taxes, get some rest inbetween. I'm sure the artist in me will erupt like an alien from my chest, prior to reach a terraformed planet.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:59:58 pm by lilura »

Pierre

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 03:36:27 pm »
Eonwind, much appreciated.

BoevenF, but the main reason for the stats is that people can find all your posts.  So I'm glad you haven't gone from BoevenF to BoevenG then BoevenH whenever the mood struck you.

Anyway, glad for the responses and the moderating (Lilura, you are getting so deft, I actually do appreciate it  :love:).

My questions have been answered and I'm a grateful critter.

Pierre

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 04:37:42 pm »
I'm sure the artist in me will erupt like an alien from my chest, prior to reach a terraformed planet.

I look forward to this time, even though it sounds a bit terrifying.  Cheers BF  :flowers:

Pierrette

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 08:28:09 pm »
PIERRE HAS BECOME PIERRETTE.  If you PM me, please PM Pierrette.  I hate to lose bags of messages (I actually don't really get any but!).

By hook or by crook.

Pierre

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »
  :sorcerer: