Author Topic: Clean up on Aisle 5!!!1  (Read 1876 times)

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
Clean up on Aisle 5!!!1
« on: January 12, 2004, 02:44:39 pm »
Gees have you seen all the empty members? I just looked into the members part of the forum where it listed every member in the forum but gees how many are active! Or have even posted at all!! THere are 3880 people who havent posted more than 10 times! Im not going to tell you how to run your forum but i mean shouldnt there be some sort of program to delete users who havnt posted once after so long? Theres 1640 people who havnt posted once!!! Thats nuts! Not a big issue but i mean whats the point of keeping these people. They are just takin up space somewhere out there. Big waste i think....

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 03:09:40 pm »
Originally posted by whemyfield
Im not going to tell you how to run your forum but i mean shouldnt there be some sort of program to delete users who havnt posted once after so long?

Yes, there should. Let us know when you have found one.  If you check out the forums on http://www.woltlab.de/ ( the developers of this forum software ) somebody may have already done this.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

SkwirlDude

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 03:23:35 pm »
If that were to happen, my account would be dead...
Because im new doesn\'t make me a N00B..., well ok it does.

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 04:17:50 pm »
how about u have to at least meet like 1 post for every month or half or whatever, that way u have to have a somewhat active user (even though the person could be just looking at posts and leaving)

but i hope this does get put in for the game too but made differently, it\'d prob be very buggy for awhile or so, but we\'ll see

Isgrimnur

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 04:48:25 pm »
Wow, Some people who have never posted go back to January 2002!!!! 8o
I have returned!!

Quwaar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 05:19:38 pm »
Above 10 you said?? *releave* Im still alive
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse

Otharor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 04:02:26 am »
noo, not 10 !!!
I didn\'t reached 10 posts yet becuas i had login-problems. :(

[EDIT]Now i\'ve more then 10 posts, i did my best ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 04:56:39 am by Otharor »
Ex-Otharor, now Taldor

http://www.bloodclawinc.tk

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 12:18:06 pm »
1 post/month or else your account will get deleted? What about all those people that left and will come back when CB is released, all of their account deleted? And if the accounts are deleted, wont that delete all of their posts?
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 02:26:44 pm »
I think the only things that should be deleted are the ones from the mid-2003\'s and earlier who have not posted...if something has to be deleted that is
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 02:27:19 pm by Kiern »

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 05:22:34 pm »
yeah i agree with kiern. Some people leave and never come back. But if you have posted only 3 or 4 times and you started your account in like july or june of 2003 your account should be history by now....

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 01:25:12 pm »
And some people only lurk, but on an odd occasion need to log in to post something, should they use a new name every time?

This is not a purely social board so the amount of posts or last post is pretty irrelivent.
-Paxx

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 04:22:16 pm »
Well, I don\'t know what these other people mean, but I\'m talking about if there was like a problem with space or something those should bet he people cleaned out.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 04:33:44 pm »
Originally posted by paxx
And some people only lurk, but on an odd occasion need to log in to post something, should they use a new name every time?

This is not a purely social board so the amount of posts or last post is pretty irrelivent.

well if they lurk why would they need a sn? Theres no reason that they should start a sn, abandon it for half a year and then   randomly need to post. If you can go half a year i think there would be a post where you think \"OMG i need to post NOW!!!\"

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 11:43:46 pm »
Disk space is cheap.  I say leave them.

Skain

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 04:55:14 am »
Originally posted by whemyfield
Originally posted by paxx

well if they lurk why would they need a sn? Theres no reason that they should start a sn, abandon it for half a year and then   randomly need to post. If you can go half a year i think there would be a post where you think \"OMG i need to post NOW!!!\"

Many of us only post if theres something worth saying, and as has been said we don\'t want to be making a screen name every time...
-Skain-