Author Topic: The Anti Pker says something.  (Read 2307 times)

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
The Anti Pker says something.
« on: January 15, 2004, 12:23:09 pm »
What\'s wrong with the arena idea? I mean what\'s the difference between fighting someone in a forest or fighting someone in a colleseum. The point is that you pk\'ers still get to fight someone right? Face it most pk\'ers like to grieve pk noobs and loot their items. Because you guys are afraid that it might be possible in a long run that you can\'t take loot items while fighting in a colleseum is the reason why you don\'t like the arena/colleseum idea. Don\'t give me that, reality, realistic, hoo haa. Why don\'t you make it so real that I just stab you in chest and you die, oh yah that\'s a real good pk\'ing. I\'d love to pk griever pker\'s.

Kuiper
                                    -The Anti Pker

Thanks for your time, I mean thanks for your pk\'ing time.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 12:31:26 pm »
Well, take a simple example:

i don\'t like someone because he\'s good-aligned while i\'m evil aligned. He don\'t want to fight with me. What can i do?

In your world, there\'s only good people. I want also evil one.

There\'s a lot of ways to avoid Newbies hunt (look at all the suggestion in PvP forum). Maybe the best one will be that the winner gains nothing, only some exp if its opponent was at same level. The loser shouldn\'t lose much in such a case.

(btw, i\'ll not play evil, more neutral-good but it is to explain why some restricted kind of PK must be allowed)
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 12:32:26 pm »
Nothing is wrong with the arena\'s... I\'m just not wimpy enough not to want pk\'ing. U want arena only because u can pick an opponent weaker than you and attack them there, without the chance of the same happening to you...  :D  :P

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 01:04:26 pm »
This does not belong here and should me moved to the subtopic on PKing and thieving.
-Paxx

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 01:31:54 am »
To Elscouta: Well you have to gain something for PvP, or else I highly doubt people will PvP and risk dieing in gain for nothing. Secondly if you die, no pain no gain, you should gain some experience for trying.

To Xordan:
Well, then what\'s the point of arenas? Your saying that I want a arena because I want to kill someone that\'s weaker than me? Well obviously they\'re aren\'t going to let me do that, its just unfair, the arena idea tries to prevent that. It would be regulated except that it would give free player vs player fights.

Paxx:

Sorry I don\'t know how to move the topic.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 09:30:54 am »
There should be some areas outside the arena for pk\'ing.   But, they should be small.  ie: Out of the whole dark forest, only a small patch about two buses long in radius would be PK

[edit]Oh, and Xordan, it doesn\'t mean he\'s a wimp, it means he doesn\'t want to be killed by idiot power-levelers such as yourself.  Not everybody plays a game just to kill stuff ya know.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 09:33:12 am by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 09:44:47 am »
Originally posted by Kuiper7986
To Elscouta: Well you have to gain something for PvP, or else I highly doubt people will PvP and risk dieing in gain for nothing. Secondly if you die, no pain no gain, you should gain some experience for trying.

Well, wasn\'t it the aim to limit the number of players who want to PK? And i didn\'t say \'nothing\'. I said nothing if you are much stronger than your opponent. You can gain a few exps if you win a fair battle. Maybe exps should be transfered as in ELO system... (and no objects)
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 11:08:53 am »
excuse me sorry, maybe I said it wrong. When I said \"nothing,\" items I meant by items. But yes you are right you should of course gain exp.

to everyone:

I seem to be misinterpreted, sorry if you didn\'t notice. I\'m against unregulated Pk\'ing, but not against regulated pk\'ing like an arena. I absolutely hate the roonskape style of pk\'ing or any free-roaming pk\'ing areas but I\'m prefectly fine with the arena/colleseum idea.

THAPRINZE

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 11:19:40 am »
isn\'t the best and most easy solution...just an arena where u can fight each other, and have a ranking...u can win money if u beat an opponent.  and how stronger ur opponent compared to urself is u can get more or less points...  And SOME pk-areas...but only outside the city\'s...So not a lot or huge areas but just some places where valuable recources can be hidden or maybe also stronger monsters but where also the danger lies of getting pkilled

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 12:42:39 pm »
There will be guild-wars too, in which you can kill enemy clan-members for as much as you want.

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 01:03:36 pm »
I am assuming there, that arenas are all vs all PVP zones... having to wait for 10 min for my turn isn\'t my idea of fun. :P

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 02:00:01 pm »
Well at least you still get to kill someone, or maybe just don\'t PvP at all and save yourself the trouble.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 05:40:54 pm »
i have a question, how are we going to gain exp when there is no level based system in PS?  it also seems that one of the more overlooked items is the duel system that paxx had mentioned at the top of this sub-topic.  so, for any of you that are like the three evil piggies from killfrog.com, you can always just go kill each other in duels.  im not a pker, but i do occasionally enjoy PvP whether i win or lose.

where there is light, there are shadows.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 04:55:28 am »
A system that has arenas, guild vs guild, and duels has been made, and it is NOT considered a PvP game.

PvP means that you and  your group CAN be killed while they are out at everyones favorite hunting spot.  This is what makes the game fun.  Mindlessly killing mob after mob as they pop up like toast is not as much fun as playing king of the hill.

Having said that, having safe towns is paramount to enjoyment of the game.  I my humble opinion, once your out of the ear shot of the guards, you should be fair game.  This is not to say you should be 100% safe in town either.  If a large force of orcs should invade...

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 03:55:23 pm »
IMO

towns (well most non-player/guild run towns) should be safe zones

the wilderness should have an element of danger.. thus pvp/pk should be allowed

the result non-pvpers are safe in the towns and surrounding lands where they can get their resources + do their crafting (maybe have a few safe dungeon areas so they can hunt monsters etc) but if they plan to go on a long journey they should get the aid of a mercenary/warrior

this would allow both playstyles to co-exist and also would provide a source of income to mercenary characters (if the whole world is safe then why would you hire protection?)