Author Topic: Great article  (Read 561 times)

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Great article
« on: January 16, 2004, 02:34:07 pm »
http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=481707

Now if you do not see the relevance in this, then you are blind. The fact that SimsOnline has gone to the lowest common denominator?means to allow bad action, there must be a severe ingame penalty, or if it is a banning offence, it should be disallowed to happen in the game.

There are actions that will be unavoidable, like poor language all over the place, but for the most part we will try to limit that, and other offensive actions.
-Paxx

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 05:01:10 pm »
that whole article was bull crap. it was severely blown out of proportion. the game is the same as it was when it started and i have no idea what they mean by prostitution rings because i havnt found any or anyway they could exist at all.. Just another article trying to make interesting headlines. I know evangeline online and he says that he was constantly screwin witht that guy and it offends me they called him a warped teenage boy. but whatever...

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 09:12:30 am »
Can either of you summerize the article.  I am to cheap to buy it.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 11:08:09 pm »
It was free.

But it spoke about some of the effects of badly controlled PK ability
-Paxx

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 10:37:28 pm »
----------------------------------------------------------------
---   When I clicked the link, this is what I got.    ---
----------------------------------------------------------------

By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
16 January 2004

Peter Ludlow is not just a computer gaming enthusiast. He\'s also a philosophy professor, with an abiding interest in the relationship between the real and the virtual worlds. So when the world\'s most successful virtual-reality game, the Sims, launched an online version just over a year ago, he didn\'t just join in for fun; he also decided that he could carry out research for his next book.

This article is available in full to Independent Portfolio subscribers. Access it through BT click&buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
That part about Sims Online being the most successful VR game made me laugh.  Is the rest of the article this funny?  What kind of organization is \"Independant Portfolio\"?