Author Topic: Transient Commumication  (Read 358 times)

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Transient Commumication
« on: March 01, 2004, 06:33:44 pm »
Ever get the feeling you did something and someone\'s avoiding you for it?

I asked a girl out to see a movie. Not a date or anything, I know she had a boyfriend, but I was just looking to enjoy a movie with someone I considered a friend.

Anyway, she gracefully declined, and I tried to explain I wasn\'t trying to come between them. It\'s not my thing. Anyway, I think she\'s been avoiding me. It kinda bugs me. I\'m not mad, or anything, I just feel like I offended her or something. Maybe asking her to see a movie was a bit too much as a friend.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have a suggestion to break that awkward silence? I\'m a little at a loss for what to do (First time for everything, I guess...)

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 06:42:20 pm »
yes thats happened to me often. but usually with guys... after i punch them in the face. but thats kind of different huh? oh well... i cant really say anything except why does it matter? obviously you dont want to score so why does it matter if she talks to you or not?

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 07:48:29 pm »
Originally posted by whemyfield
yes thats happened to me often. but usually with guys... after i punch them in the face. but thats kind of different huh? oh well... i cant really say anything except why does it matter? obviously you dont want to score so why does it matter if she talks to you or not?

Is that really what you think whemy?
You\'re only perpetuating the sex-obsessed gamer stereotype...
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 08:07:36 pm »
Maybe he\'s looking for something besaides scoring, like firendship?  Anyway I dunno what to tell you this isn\'t my department.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 02:37:33 am »
I say, first think about it and research a bit - is she really avoiding you or is that just a coincedence and a couple of syntetical memories(figments).

If it is so, confront her, but better be prepared for what to say. ;)
Maybe even confront her while her bf is around - maybe she\'d feel \"safer\" then, but it would create more entropy probably.
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 07:34:41 pm »
This kid turned me in for hacking the school. The news got around to me that it was because of him my parents were down over a thousand dollars (they made up charges, too, because they knew it would cost more to fight them; can they do that in other countries?), and everyone was telling me I should beat him up or something. Of course he was avoiding me. But he was still my friend (sort of), and really it was my big mouth, not him ratting me out, that got me in trouble, at least as I see it. So I\'m not mad at him or anything, and he stopped avoiding me a while back when I saw him a few times and never mentioned anything.

And no, him avoiding me was not just a coincidence or anything; I had noticed it and pointed it out to some people before I found out what he did.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 08:17:25 pm »
I?m assuming that you are all teens or younger. And I am not trying to sound wise, but maybe I?ll just sound old :-).

Anyway Fantasyfiend, that is common and  normal to happen, people can take the wrong impression from anything. Also, you could be giving vibes of the shy guy wanting to get together, or she may have some interest in you, but not wanting to endanger her current relationship.

All in all, it can be 1000 different tiny issues, from miscommunication, to not wanting to invest in a friendship with you other then simply a passing conversation, and now she knows, you are more interested then that.  

From my past there have been cool people that I liked that didn?t want me around all the time, but they enjoyed a conversation with me from time to time, as well as people who thought I was cool, yet all I wanted from them was a passing relationship. Everyone has different wants from different people, not everyone is going to be totally into you (in a friendship way).

Based on past experience and depending on how interested you are in perusing a relationship with this girl (whatever the nature of the relationship may be) confrontation is probably the wrong angle, it would be making an issue out of nothing.

Befriending the boyfriend is better, and your avoiding her for a while would be almost as good, if she confronts you on it, simply tell the truth, you thought she was put off by your asking her to the movies and you did not want her thinking you where some kind of creep.

But overall it seems like a small issue.
-Paxx