Author Topic: Tutorial Completed, Xenak 'opens gate' nothing happens  (Read 889 times)

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Tutorial Completed, Xenak 'opens gate' nothing happens
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:19:05 pm »
Please bear in mind, I'm a new user to all of this, and I don't play MMORPG's normally but decided to give this a go.
I run Ubuntu 11.10, 64bit and PS updated to 0.5.8-1
I created two characters, to play around with character gen, and then went through the tutorial.  I went through it with both characters and ended up back at the start with Xenak (the winged guy) who said he "Opened the Gate" yet nothing happens, no teleport, no open doors etc.  This happened with both characters.

I also noticed that the speech on the last character (the winged guy) was at twice speed. (scared the kitten right under the chair).

No GM's where online on the system (through the Help system), nor in the IRC chat channel to assist.  Is it a genuine bug, if so are there any work around's so I can get my characters out of there and into the main game?

Also the Jurnal says in "un completed quests"
List:
Xenak's Farewell
Description:
Completed Entire Tutorial

Every time he asks I keep getting two maps, and a letter.
Korumak

UPDATE

/tellnpc Thanks! (with Xenak highlighted) works as a work around
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:31:34 pm by Korumak »

"You can never have too many cat girls!" and you can quote me on that! 

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial Completed, Xenak 'opens gate' nothing happens
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:43 am »
The only real bug is that you see the previous options of what you had to say in addition to the thanks response. One hint is to always make sure there is nothing else to say to an NPC before leaving it and if you do get a response box to select an option you haven't already said if you are given old options of what to say along with a new option. There are a couple of quests where it seems like you are being sent off or there isn't anything left to say to the NPC but you have one more thing to say to the NPC before you leave. Thus the hint to always make sure you are done with that NPC before you leave.

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »
The only real bug is that you see the previous options of what you had to say in addition to the thanks response.
There wasnt any "options" that was easily seen, I clicked the radial on Xenak, hit the lips, and kept recieving 2 maps, one letter, and "I'll open the gate" despite chooseing "More hints" or "No more hints" and nothing happened.  If there where other options it wasnt ovbious to me (the user)  I ended up with 7 sets at one point trying to see if I went down the wrong text choice, got the same results.  I went to the other NPC's every one was "No more quests".

Now I did create a third character, and bypassed the tutorial, thats when it did work, I spotted what looked like a possible script saying thanks then poof i was in the city, thats what gave me the idea to go back and try the /tellnpc thanks.  So if theres a bug I think its there, at the end that somethings not trigering the /tellnpc thanks to send the person on their way.  Or it just could be my odd ball luck. :)

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:45 am »
I'm not sure why you didn't see the Thanks option. I ran the exit quest before posting and the Thanks option showed up for me like it is suppose to.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 12:23:00 am »
You're not the first person to say they've seen this issue over the last few days.  Herihi and I were talking about this the other night...
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 02:27:46 am »
I've just been though the quest script and there are no problems with it in regards to the 'Thanks' option not showing. One thing I did test was with a default GUI and in that case you only get the first two response lines from the NPC being shown in the window. Could it be that you were getting the response but you just needed to either make the 'Quest response' window larger, or scroll down?

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 03:51:15 am »
I saw basicaly
* No i dont need any more hints
* Yes what hints.

That was it nothing that indicated anything need scrolling.  Select option 1, you get the high pitch voice sample bug, and the stuff.
Option 2 was the 'dont walk around with your sword hanging out'.  High pitched speech.  The end result spat out the same with a "Xenak opens the gate" and nothing else. 
Click on Xenak again Speach diallog and you get the speach and then the to options, repeat.  Also with 2 maps and a letter.  Nothing indicated a scroll and no other pop up dialog boxes.  If there was a "Third" option, I never saw it.  There also wherent any other 'dialog boxes' to be seen.  So it colaberates with what Venalan said.
Running the Default client, Ubuntu 11.10.  I didnt attempt to resieze the pop up, didnt know that could even be done. (nothing ovbious to show it could be).
I just went through both of thoes options and "Opens the gate" and nothing else.
When i Created the third, I skipped the tutorial, and the gate opened fine the 'script worked'.
I dont know what to tell you other than that.  Next time I run into one of thoes bugs, I'll screen shot the steps so you can see.

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:04:25 pm »
Sorry for the "Dobule post" I rebooted "Korumak" went through the Tutorial, screenshoted the choices.  Something has changed.
https://plus.google.com/photos/113578433247573459752/albums/5684698787871693985
This is a Pisca/Google plus album shared to the public that shows the steps.  I commented on each one showing steps to repeat it.  This was done Dec 10, 10:02 PM.
Not complaining, since I was rebooting him anyways, I thight I might add some more info to what was previously said. :detective: