Author Topic: Amdeneir....  (Read 526 times)

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Amdeneir....
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »
First off, I love the look, I think the look is probably the best one of the cities to date.  I went exploring there today to see what the fuss was about.

First, loved the amphitheater, might be great for a Bard/Music Concert.

My complaint stems from my exploration of the city, especially the Tavern.  I know you guys have heard me complain about characters sitting and chairs.  It seems to have gotten worse in the tavern.  The only way i managed to successfully sit, I literally had to turn sideways, or I would be 'levitating over the chair'.  I don't know if this can be a quick fix but moving the chairs out from the tables or, simply improving character seating abilities, but its going to make the Tavern there more difficult or rather look oddly even more so.

Also the 'raised section' was an interesting idea, but my character kept clonking his heads into struts and nearly fell off to get around one just to move to the dining area.

So far as my suggestion for fixes:
Quick fix 1: would be to raise the roof a little on the first floor so we don't knock into struts and almost fall over.
Quick Fix 2: put the chairs a little more out, so we can sit facing the person across the table with out levitating.

Longer term
Create a /sit (select chair) and implement a animation/position for sitting in the chairs that may look right.  So chests aren't part of the chair, or your levitating on top of a chair, or standing only.

"You can never have too many cat girls!" and you can quote me on that! 

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
Amdeneir chairs are too close to tables, was Re: Amdeneir....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:21 pm »
there's a task in the bug-tracker dated 2009 with a similar request for Kada El's chairs:
http://bugs.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=3052

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:11:41 pm by BoevenF »

Korumak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Amdeneir....
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:52:45 pm »
two years, you think some kind of progress would have been made there before roll out of a new city, especaly having to place buildings and chairs etc.  Seems to me if they dont find a solution to it, when they do turn around to Fix that, what was a minor problem turns into a big one.

"You can never have too many cat girls!" and you can quote me on that! 

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »
not only is it listed on the bug tracker, but there was even a petition on the various billboards to move the chairs and raise the canopies of the beds. Seems the carpenters that design Klyran furniture are all dwarves.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:33:51 pm »
I believe that in both taverns the chairs are part of the map and not separate objects so fixing the problem isn't that simple and would mean changing the map art. Just pointing out why the fix might be taking a while.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:44:48 pm »
They're not separate objects?? ow! Sarva, thanks, it's like an epiphany to me  \\o//

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:19:25 pm »
Maybe just make the backs of the chairs non-collidable geometry?
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »
Might I also stick out that Amdeneir was a player project, so there probably aren't enough hands to actually take on the project now. ;)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »
Wingy-town looks freakin awesome, though it would just be nice if it was scaled just a little larger ... unless of course, if its meant to be kinda low and stuffy like that. I don't know, perhaps that's just how Klyros like it?  Hell, they're all kinda weird anyway - it would be of no surprise, actually.

* Rigwyn looks at Weltall, then away with a cheezy grin and continues, "They all have this Spock/Rain-man kinda complex going on."

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 07:09:15 am »
Amdeneir repeats it's self, too many duplicated buildings on that map. No proper detail (like a few barrels, crates, carts and suck out on the streets), a bit disappointed when I first saw it.

Not just Kada-Els and Amdeneir, also the chairs in Brado's Tavern are hard to sit on.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:20:19 am »
ERROR: Complaint level too high  :P

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty