Author Topic: A Suggestion for the Implementation of Music  (Read 1690 times)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: A Suggestion for the Implementation of Music
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »
* Roled wishes he could hear the music....   :(
When someone gets the time, or the interest... would you mind a step by step for the technically challenged elves amongst us, PLEASE???  :flowers:,
as to:
1) how to listen to the music- like what would I have to change in my files or whatever to hear it? (yes I have windows vista, a very good graphics card (I am told anyway), and updated drivers, and have had to turn all my graphics to lowest settings to prevent log in crashes. Is the sound enable tied into these crashes?) My sound works fine in other programs, skype, youtube, etc...
and
2) where to start to learn to play ig... yes I can ask players IC and I have but the npcs don't seem to want to teach me anything, no matter how many tria I offer... ok, ok, this is a spoiler ask,  :-X never mind  ::)  2)- let's just go back to #1~~~!!!  X-/

Thanks!!!  :love:
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 08:21:39 pm »
Roled: Does your sound work for the rest of the game? If not, did you install OpenAL library on your Windows? You can download one from here: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip
Then in settings, which are in the PlaneShift startup window, choose OpenAL as your sound system.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:41:56 pm by Gilrond »

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 10:35:40 am »
Hehe, Olorin and Aiwendil :D Sorry for offtopic.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05:35 am »
I'm uncreative...what did you expect ;)

bilbous

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2011, 05:55:26 pm »
What is needed in the future is a way to tie lyrics into the score so that they will play in the main chat window in the same bar as the music plays.

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2011, 05:41:29 am »
Actually I can think of tons of notational problems that I have with this before I would need anything lyrical. For one you cannot drag out single notes. I  cannot have a low half note acented with several ghost notes of a lesser value. So many things revolve around subtleties like this that right now lyrics would only mean we have words scrolling across the screen to a very limited musical score.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?