Author Topic: 2D drawings  (Read 3555 times)

Satha

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Satha's Quarter
2D drawings
« on: November 07, 2004, 05:45:14 am »
I have made up a creature I think would be a good sub for horses! (I heard that there will not be horses so..)
Here it is!

I call it a Lerren. :D So, what do ya\' think?

EDIT: I will be adding more pics later.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 06:44:55 am by Satha »
*Signature Pending*

Lardhoc Aewheros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 08:21:16 am »
Looks very good. :) It seems very fast and well suited for personal transportation but less suited for carying heavy goods. Like a cheaper ground alternative to pterosaurs.

How big is it? Is it as big as a regular horse? Will it be able to carry Ynnwns and Kran?

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 12:01:41 pm »
Looks good, but looks more like it would be the size of a medium dog and not really have the capacity to carry people.
I would think if it was meant to carry people or cargo then it would need to be larger in the shoulders and much larger in the chest area.
Just my opinion though :D

Satha

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Satha's Quarter
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 12:01:22 am »
It is as big as a normal horse. And I think it would be used for its swifness rather than strength.
It could also have other breeds, like bigger stronger ones... And would be more sutable for carrying heavy loads. Hmm... I might draw some like that, with bigger shoulders and chest. Then it could carry Ynnwns and Kran, I\'m not too possitve a regular one could carry them.
I hope that answers your questions! And thanks for the comments.
*Signature Pending*

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 07:16:24 am »
That looks cool! I think they\'d make great steeds for scouts. A couple of lighter Enki\'s or maybe Lemurs on that, and you could have some real speed.

Lardhoc Aewheros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 11:50:59 am »
I agree Phinehas, maybe it is more for plains and forests than the cities. Maybe if a speed limit was implemented in the cities. :)

I think it would be more interesting if Ynnwns and Kran had to choose bigger steads of an entirely different specie, makes more variation. Or maybe they can find a particulary strong Lerren... But I don\'t know if Kran is much into riding, they look a little stiff.

the_duke

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 01:15:01 pm »
It really might be the right riding animal for Lemurs. (note that it should be quite spectacular in colors to be used by them)

I\'ll probably send here drawing of a Lemur riding on a Lerren sometimes soon.

Great creature satha!

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 02:52:22 pm »
I don\'t think overly colorful, built more for speed than show it looks like to me. Besides, not all Lemurs are into attracting attention to themselves, I should know....

Tapo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 10:36:52 pm »
its very beautiful. :)) i would suggest it having be limitied to a specific race, like only elves, or Klyros, or both, thus adding to the massive gameplay experiance.

Satha

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Satha's Quarter
Another piccy!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 12:45:48 am »
This is how i see my char, she is a Demorian... And she has a cat with her. :]

http://tinypic.com/kpaaf

Sorry, but I cant get the pic to show at the moment. I will see if I can get it to show later, but for now you will just have to use the link. (By the way her name is not kpaaf... it is Satha too)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 12:46:50 am by Satha »
*Signature Pending*

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 04:27:09 am »
Cool. She looks painfully thin, and very anime-ish, but other\'n that, not bad.

Satha

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Satha's Quarter
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 05:26:24 am »
Haha, I have trouble drawing people that are not thin. Its just my style, I have to really try hard to get someone to look normal  :P
And anime is my fave style of drawing so most of my people drawings are like that.
*Signature Pending*

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 05:53:43 am »
Hey, thin isn\'t bad. I\'m sure there are lotsa people who wish they were that thin. :D Anyway, as for the anime style. Well, I don\'t particularly like it, but that\'s just a personal preference and not a critique.

Lardhoc Aewheros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 01:48:16 pm »
Originally posted by Tapo
its very beautiful. :)) i would suggest it having be limitied to a specific race, like only elves, or Klyros, or both, thus adding to the massive gameplay experiance.

I think you should be able to choose wich animal to ride, regardless of race. Why wouldn\'t  Diaboli be able to ride anything dermorians can ride? (Well okay, some animals might not like diaboli :) ) But riding some animals should require certain amounts of strength, endurance and agility. Thus races that have easier to develop required stats will be at an advantage, i.e. nolthrir have high agility, ynnwns have high endurance etc.

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 02:00:39 pm »
Mmhh, looks good. It somehow reminds me of a rabbit-dog Hybrid. It looks like it could jump over great distances. Maybe the three Tails are used for Balance. It also seems that it has the ability to navigate in absolute darkness with kinda of a sonar, like a bat. (Because of the big ears) It also reminds me a bit of a rat
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.