Author Topic: Beginning Modeler  (Read 378 times)

Siberiantiger

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Beginning Modeler
« on: November 19, 2004, 06:41:37 pm »
Just ran a speedcourse 3dsmax, and here are my first models
The butterfly texture sucks but I think the model looks neat

Critisism is welcome, however I don\'t think I\'m gonna tweak them any further

Also, does anyone have any ideas for future models? I\'m not going to aim at the big projects like caracters and monsters, at least not yet :D But if anyone knows more easy things that maybe will be useful for future Planeshift (like acraig\'s bowl) or anything, please tell me

PS: I know they\'re not low-poly but I don\'t care right now and yes that butterfly is animated :)

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »
Looks pretty good. I really like the ring. I think the most practical things you could make are common items such as bowls, chairs, crates, barrels, etc. Anything interesting, they probably won\'t need.  :)

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 07:23:53 pm »
Yeah, that ring is nice.  As far as things to contribute go, I\'d say just work on getting better for now.  Don\'t worry about making stuff until the next release (CB) comes out.  For now I think the devs don\'t even know what they need.  They\'re focusing on getting the next release out and they have all the models they need for now I think.  Do more tutorials, get better at skinning, if you\'re courageous maybe even learn skeletal animations, and when you get good enough (after the CB release)  maybe apply and ask to do some test tasks.  You\'ll be much more of an asset then.

:emerald: