Author Topic: 3d girl  (Read 1006 times)

dna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
3d girl
« on: January 25, 2005, 01:19:37 am »
Here\'s a girl I\'ve been working on, still needs lots of work. I loosly based it on a druid girl sketch I saw in the forums here a while back. I guess she just kind of hangs out in the forest eating mushrooms, talking to trees and making strange herb potions.

I still need to finish up the hands and feet and maybe her head is just a little too big. The polys got up there to 1412(according to wings3d) but there are a few areas I can pull out some detail like her face.

I would fully appreciate any feedback since this is my first ever 3d model and I want to it looking real good before I import it into blender and learn that crazy interface so I can do the skin and riging.

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 03:34:04 am »
looks nice! :) just rework her face and hands, add some matching textures...
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:28:12 am »
Perhaps its just the perspective, but her hands look veeeeeeeery small. Can we have a closeup of them? :)

JellyWerker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:56:27 am »
as moggie said, the hands and feet look alittle small, other than that, great work, I hope to see more. Also, you might want to try and make here dress a little more realistic, by tugging vertices a little and such, so it isn\'t perfectly symmetrical.
Warning: Prone to common sense.

dna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 03:05:10 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!

I\'ve been putting off fixing the hands and feet because I\'ve always had a problem with them. They\'re pretty much just placeholders right now until I get around to working on them.

Also, a good idea making the dress non-symetrical, will work on that. I suspect I will have to mess around with the dress alot to get her to be able to walk since the legs just kind of start where they come out the bottom.

Watcher

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 03:06:29 pm »
Um the dress seems a little bit hard to run in (if its going to stay that length then I sugest that you add rips in it so it can move easerly)