Author Topic: 3d Tower Room Scene  (Read 1211 times)

Nightrogue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
3d Tower Room Scene
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:00:21 pm »
Well, I cant think of anything witty to put here, so yeah, just.....tell me what you think i guess.

P.S: Yeah i know, the view from the window doesnt match. Its the only thing there i didnt make myself, so ill get around to making up a proper view sometime.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 12:02:55 pm by Nightrogue »

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, while he who has one enemy shall meet him everywhere.

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:01:48 pm »
Thats great, but add a little bump map to the stones around the window, they seem to soft.

= <3

DeviantArt

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 01:10:36 pm »
Absolutely agree with Taser, they look butter made :P

Other things the carpet, looks too plane to me. The right wood stuff seems too polished, and the fire on the lamps looks weird somehow.

Other than that, you\'re a great 3d artist. I specially like how the table looks, and also the floor and wall.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 01:11:46 pm by Nilrem »
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Nightrogue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 03:09:58 am »
Okay, ive made the reccomended changes. Im not sure if the tweaking i did with the torch flames had much of an effect, but it looks a bit better overall now. And nilrem, im not sure what you mean about the wood being too polished. If you look at the bottom of the weapon rack it\'s anything but polished, and though the hafts of the spears are, they are meant to be.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:12:05 am by Nightrogue »

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, while he who has one enemy shall meet him everywhere.

Aldaron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 09:32:14 am »
The floor and wall textures looks too plain in colors, the bump map are ok, but you need some diffs betwin mortar and bricks in hte walls, and mortar & tiles in the floor.

The models and the composition are ok.

Maybe the light can be improved, a little: the things over the table sems to receive ligth only from one direction. also the shadows don\'t match with the torchs position.

Sorry my bad english.

Salu2.
quicquid enim florui felix et beatus,
nunc a summo corrui gloria privatus.

Me pregunto: ¿Hoy he hecho algo para mejorar el mundo? Spread Firefox!

rosmerelmer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 01:17:06 pm »
looks nice, good displacement mapping on the walls, but the light seems to come out of the wall, instead of the torches, try add little halo\'s or whatever, i\'m sure you can figure it out.

if you have really cool photoshop tutorials don\'t be afraid to pm me!

JellyWerker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 02:11:01 pm »
blender? apply a norm map and a disp map to the bricks, make the view match, use softbody on the carpet and let it drape itself onto the floor, make the tower cylinder have more polygons, the table too, get a pic of the walls and set it as the ref map for the chrome/metal stuff, or make them have ray reflection (the better choice) make the shadows soft and less blocky and work with the material on the table, it just looks very cg. All of this is minor stuff, so far, nice picture.
Warning: Prone to common sense.

rosmerelmer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 04:03:19 am »
i think he uses 3dmax. has more powerful shaders etc.

Nightrogue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 06:56:31 am »
I use 3ds Max 7. I am actually quite frustrated with the wall texture at the moment because I cant find a good, high res, tileable brick texture anywhere. The one im currently using for the bump map isnt detailed enough to be used as a diffuse map. Im looking around for my \" 1000 textures\" cd but i cant find it anywhere. About the carpet, im working on a cloth reactor for it now. About the tower cylinder and table, i agree, and i have since increased the poly count. I am firmly in the belief that giving the metallic elements raytraced reflections will actually detract from the picture. Just look at the reflection of the P in the gem on the banner above. I have since improved the gem greatly, but i doubt i will be able to get talad to update it. Im currently adding lens effects to the torches and im switching the shadow engine from advanced raytraced to shadow map. If i could just get a good brick wall texture, i think that should cover it.

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 09:22:07 am »
I am actually quite frustrated with the wall texture at the moment because I cant find a good, high res, tileable brick texture anywhere.
Make one.  http://www.freepgs.com/falcon/textures.html

:emerald:

rosmerelmer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 12:49:10 pm »
dam, that tutorial is good! i downloaden the gimp today, and i got to try that!

[edit] i tried it, but i got the dutch version, clone stamp is just called \'clone\' BUT IT DOESNT CLOSE.

srry for getting offtopic
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:00:38 pm by rosmerelmer »

JellyWerker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
you made the new banner? cool.
Warning: Prone to common sense.

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 07:11:34 pm »
rosmerelmer: Glad you like it.  I made it a while ago and put the link in the contributing thread, but I\'m not sure too many people actually read it.  I\'ve also got a link to GIMPshop in there too (which I highly recommend).

:emerald:

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 04:46:42 am »
Looking good, but the window bricks look like a simple prod could collapse them all - the spaces are too big.
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Niber

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 04:25:44 am »
Looks cool and inspiering. Reminds me of the tower room in the magicshop.

You can\'t find good brick textures?  8o  those are useally the easiest, here:
http://lemog.club.fr/lemog_textures/murs/murs_brique/001briques.jpg
http://lemog.club.fr/lemog_textures/murs/murs_brique/022briques.jpg
Put the pot down, no dont take another puff!, put it down. Thank you.