Author Topic: Tessra's Art Thread  (Read 9641 times)

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
Re: Tessra's Art Thread
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2012, 10:53:10 am »
 :love:  I'm so glad you all like it.  I loved sketching them, and (*teehee*) got a little carried away with his tunic.  I really, really, REALLY wish I had access to a scanner.  As I pretty much have to hold the image upright before my laptop's webcam, it does make certain parts of the image look disproportionate.  Believe it or not, I took about 5 different "total" shots, and in 4 of them her hand looked enormous, because I had to tilt the image to keep the graphite glare from overwhelming his head.  Maybe I can sneak it into work and use their scanner <.<  Either way, I am so ridiculously grateful that you all like it!
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2012, 11:09:51 am »
There are some cheap scanners with decent quality (though if you need to scan bigger format - the price will be higher):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838110026

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2012, 11:48:29 am »
Personally, I find it difficult to draw hands. And the proportions of her hand in that picture catch my attention. I checked the char description for a clue about this. It is probably a flaw from the method of capturing the image.

*travosh mutters "nope, accurate grendol paws."

(eets very nice, surpasses the over time versions ive seen)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:55 pm »
Maybe I can sneak it into work and use their scanner <.<  Either way, I am so ridiculously grateful that you all like it!

Around here at least, OfficeMax will scan stuff and either stick it on a thumb drive or email it to you. Its fairly cheap and convenient - especially for large drawings that won't fit in a cheap scanner.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2012, 04:17:45 am »
Well. ahem* that Teelah guy looks, well, pretty good...  but Roled is way hotter, ya know. :devil:

Tess your drawing is terrific- great emotion!  \\o//
Way to go!

:o The handsomest elf in the Dome, :woot:
Roled Rolak
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2012, 10:45:11 am »
Pretty sure Iza's the handsomest in the dome  :thumbup:
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »
Thanks guys :)

I doodled Tesh again while my internet was out for a while, and forgot to post it.  I suppose I'll go ahead and toss her up now. xD

and since I liked doing her eyes so much, a close-up:

If anyone happens to ever see Morghain around, I had asked her if she would let me sketch her character, but I never could get her desc... so if anyone happens to see her, or knows how to get her desc, I'd totally be indebted forevah!
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2012, 05:50:00 pm »
That is absolutely GORGEOUS detail. It is obvious to me you spend quality time on your work. Amazing.

And welcome to indebtment forever, 'cause :D
I'm pretty sure it's on myplane..

aaand...

yep, here it is:

A Nolthrir woman, seems a few cycles less than 80, probably - nearing her middle ages for an elfess. She is slim and curvy in shape, although not lacking for tone in well-used muscle. Her voice is soft and husky, although a bit of sarcasm drips naturally into it.

[She has a bruise on the side by her right ear, a small one, but seems new.]

Her hair is long and green, with shimmers of an ocean blue to it. It's naturally wavy, but styled into a neat, pretty hairstyle by way of a few thin needle-like objects stuck into it. There are a few small braids on the sides of her head, with bangles in them.

Her face has a highbreed look to it, and very elven. Her eyes are a deep emerald green, set underneath thin brows, with a petite, although a bit slanted nose between. Her cheekbones are high and pretty, and her mouth is a full cupid's bow, with a hint of a glimmering pink blush applied to the lips in a manner-of-fact, yet appealing, way. Her jaw is slim and angled as well, set on a slender, feminine neck.

Her shoulders are slim, but firm, tapering off into willowy arms. Her body is obviously feminine, but she works at hiding it with casual, everyday wear. Her shirt is a simple short sleeved green blouse, with a white undershirt beneath it. This is tucked into a combination of a leather belt which is wrapped around her tight fitting leather pantaloons, obviously flaunting her posterior. Her hands are calloused and worn, wrist muscles denoting practice at her chosen skills. Judging by the tone of her legs and the grace by which she walks, she's light and swift. Her feet are equally calloused, though, nolthririan skin toughened by both lack of water and excercise.

She has a dagger on the inside of each thigh, and the needle-like objects in her hair upon closer inspection are revealed to be stiletto daggers, carefully sharpened to lethal points.

OOC Description

[Morghain is the way she is for a reason! /Tell me if she offends or bothers you, and we'll work it out. I only RP duel, not PvP, so don't assume my character's strengths and weaknesses in the initial comb-over, please.]

[The ridiculously long descriptionairy
parts:

-Morghain's skills: Incredibly skilled dagger and small knife thrower, has pinpoint accuracy from several meters away. Cannot throw it as far as some due to limited strength though. Also skilled at hand-to-hand combat, dagger combat, and has a resistance to Azure Way attacks.

-Morghain's bearing: She is confident, yet has an unassuming air of humility to her. She walks with a saunter of knowing who she is and why she does what she does, and her husky voice is almost always cool and collected.

-When swimming or taking off her outer clothing, there is a flowing, lacey blue shift made of fine material underneath, with thin straps that loop over her shoulders to hold it up. It barely goes past her thighs, but is a solid blue color.

-Morghain's braids: They are a three-weave style, made up of barely any hair at all. They are delicate and about half a pinky's width around, with the golden "S" beads woven into the bottom area.

-Morghain's weaponry: In her hair is the needle-blade, in semblance of a bobby-pin type hair holder. In the shoe is the dagger, and the hilt is wrapped in hide hair, giving it a tough, nonslip handle. Both blades are straight and aerodynamic, with a full tang and weighted hilt.

-Morghain's makeup: The eyes of the Nolthrir girl are slightly shaded a smoky black, accentuating the blueness of the almond-oriental peepers. Her lashes are thick and luscious, aided by some of Yliakum's blacker pastes, carefully applied by hide-hair applicators. Her full, cupid's-bow shaped lips are painted a delicate, rosy pink with lip paint, and her cheeks are given a semblance of natural Nolthririan flush by powdered florals. The look is in whole well-done and to most would seem professional and well-kept for an elven girl.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:57:41 pm by Cairn »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »
THAT.
IS.
AWESOME.
* Mariana Xiechai runs off, inspired.
aaand...

yep, here it is:

Because that's not suspicious at all... :whistling:

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:28 am »
Well I'd like indebtedness forever  :thumbup:

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2012, 11:08:31 am »
Absolutely gorgeous. I love the neck.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »
 :love: danke, danke! I suppose this means I shall have to toss about some forever indebtedness. 

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »
Bitte!

You're just such a good artist...... :love:

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »
Tesh, I think this may be my favorite rendition of Teshia to date.  :)
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »
I like this one a lot Tess and agree with Caraick. Since we're naming favorite body parts, I think the lips came off nice.  :-*
I'd like to see the scars done more subtly and realistically, or at least in a much lighter hue as they strike me more as tattoos now. I also think if that was done, it would give her a more mysterious quality revealing someone who's looking good despite obvious flaws.