Author Topic: Tessra's Art Thread  (Read 9564 times)

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
Re: Tessra's Art Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2012, 11:34:55 pm »
 :love: :love:  I'm ankle-deep in Morghain's hair at the moment.  I've decided I am going to learn how to sketch hair if it keels me.

Thanks menki :D  I've been trying to get a good image of her in my head, and while I'm not finished messing with her, I'm glad you like her.

Dannae.. I always look forwards to your comments.  I love seeing what you have to say and you're so crazy-frickin-talented that it makes me all warm and fuzzy when you like my sketches. I looked at a gazillion scar pictures, and tried to find any step-by-step things, since I've never quite been happy with them.  Any ideas on how I can make them lighter, but still realistic?
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2012, 04:52:22 pm »
I really love the way you do hair/fur.  :flowers:

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2012, 05:22:38 pm »
Why thank you  :love:  I'm working on a picture of Morghain right now, and I hope to get a decent head of hair on her xD
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:49 pm »
OMG... It took me forever to scratch out some hair for this girl! I've got another one in mind that actually uses the braids, but I was a bit scared that I wouldn't be able to draw them, so I... tried this instead. >.< 

Morghain:

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:07 am »
Very nice :-)

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2012, 12:56:09 am »
AMAZING!!!    :thumbup:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2012, 04:01:44 am »
Possibly quite big eyes, somehow, but ...

Indeed, very elaborate hair. Now you can imagine Albrecht Dürer painting his "Young Hare"...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2012, 12:01:14 pm »
Gorgeous with the hair! I simply don't have the patience, personally, to take that much time to shade all the strands. The eyes, I agree, are slightly large, but then again that might be true to nolthrir...I dunno, I suppose I imagine since they spend a lot of their lives underwater (in theory) their eyes might be slightly larger in order to see clearly in murkier water.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »
Wow, that is good artistry. I'm quite impressed. Hawt Nolthrir any day.  :love:

Draw draw draw! I love it all.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »
Thank you my lovelies  :love:  That darn hair took me weeks to do and all I can think is how part of it looks lopsided >.<

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:26 am »
A little suggestion: You could possibly try to work out the gloss in her hair "bundles/wisps/streaks" (what would it be called?); examples: A, B

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »
It was a while ago now, but thought I'd give a try at one of those scars on Tesh to maybe better explain what I meant with that earlier critique how I thought they looked more like tattoos because of being too dark and uniform. I think all it takes is a little drawing with an eraser after laying in the darker overall shape adding some highlights and lights/darks along each edge of the scar to suggest where it might stick out or sink into the surrounding skin. Here's a link of my attempt since you asked for suggestions and I don't want to post art in your thread: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EtVjGhVb7WO7LIpyfkzO19MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Have to say you make me all warm and fuzzy too reading your return compliments. Gives me something to try and live up to.   X-/

Looks like the last drawing you posted of Morghain took a lot of time and determination. Even though you feel the hair isn't as symmetrical as you'd like, it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe just a few swoops of a big eraser across the hair would add shine like LigH suggests. If you try, don't overdo it though. Only a few places would be enough if that was a look you wanted to go for.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:16:58 pm by Dannae »

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »
Mhm, this last drawing of yours somehow gave me nudge to try another ballpen scribble ;)

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2014, 12:19:39 pm »
Ahh, umm.

I know years is a bad time to bump things. But Tesh, you're just too good to let rest.

Can I make a request?
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell