Author Topic: The Eye of the Beholder  (Read 505 times)

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Eye of the Beholder
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:00:20 pm »
Occasionally I get creative enough to draw something. Usefully it ends up with a series of crumpled pieces of paper, a full recycling bin, and a feeling of self loathing. But sometimes I do something that makes me take a step back and go "Wow. This isn't as bad as I usually do. Someone might look at this and not laugh at it." And so it goes that I had a few pieces that I held on to for my own viewing pleasure. Unfortunately most of those pieces where lost with a hard drive crash last year.

For awhile I had avoided artistic representation in the form of drawings, and digital art. Recently though I had tried to get back on the saddle again. I was able to make it up and do a little trot before realizing I don't know how to ride, or draw. What you are about to see ladies, gentlemen, and fancy kran, is the direct result of that brief moment of not sucking as hard. This here is a drawing of everybody's favorite fenki, Zalya. Played by yours truly (if you could not tell by the forum name).

This is a piece of artwork that can only be described as acceptable. It is far from grand, and there are millions of other people who can do better. But it is something I spent more time than I usually would, and it is worth uploading somewhere to show that maybe, with practice, luck, and an attention span that I will never, ever have, I could do something worth while in digital artwork. That of course is offset by the fact that it is simple, pathetic, and doesn't fully capture what was in my head. At all. So without any further ado, I present to you one of my few pieces worth any sort of criticism for you to laugh at, make mockery of, or if you happen to me less of a critic than I am, applaud.

(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 07:23:26 pm »
Aww. It's zalya. :) That's a cute picture of her.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »
It looks great, Z. 

While it may not have captured exactly what was in your head as you mentioned earlier, if you didn't tell us that, we would not have had any way of knowing that and might have assumed that everything was exactly as intended.   :detective:   

Keep it up :)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 12:37:10 am »
Love it - I hope to see more
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:44:36 am »
Very nice picture.

If it helps, Zalya, I am no good at all with digital art.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 02:01:17 am »
Just as good as many of the famous Flash vector cartoons. Someone make her talk to us! :)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 07:27:39 am »
You have surely improved a lot, Zalya! Congratulations!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."