Author Topic: The Tailor  (Read 905 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The Tailor
« on: October 04, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »
A rather tall klyros woman approaches the billboard. She stands with her back straight and with an aura of confidence, bedecked in expensive looking finery. After a pause, she nails a notice to the board, before walking off:

Upon seeing quite a few folks in game requesting tailors and on the forums doing the same, I figured it might be fun to dink around with it. When you order an outfit from Selicree, she will give you a book describing its looks and colors. But she'll also give you a simple drawing of what the outfit looks like, as though a modern tailor were sketching it on a base. It will be posted to this thread under the title of whoever ordered the ensemble. Here's a quick five-minute sketch of a male and female example:

Since outfits aren't supported mechanically, I figured this'd be a fun alternative for people to use until perhaps they are. I'll be using the same male/female base to conserve time, but if enough interest is shown I might vary up the bases for ynnwn, kran, klyran, dwarf, et cetera. Depends on what folks might want.

Most will be in greyscale unless color/further detailing is specifically requested.

Selicree won't charge much, but she'll expect payment (I don't know, five circles or something, whatever makes sense for the world economy) upon delivery. You can give her actual in game currency or just role play that you gave it to her.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:06:29 pm by Venalan »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Tailor
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 02:13:43 am »
Very interesting... I will have a look in my house if there are any dresses worn by Lolitra left in closets, which may give an inspiration. If so, I would enjoy to invite the tailor for a visit.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Lumi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 05:25:12 am »
Oh yay! Nice idea and nice super add-on with the drawings. I totaly have a char who need a new outfit. Just have to find time to logg her in.

Maybe Selicree Idarin will have a catalogue after some times with named outfit ! Smart, Smart.
And just when the "fashion week" ended in Paris xD
<*> The Way of the Hammer <*>

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 06:10:08 am »
I will have to write down Jocas' outfits and put them in his attelier, so you can take a look too. Good idea, pussycat.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 11:52:03 pm »
I love you Mari.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 12:07:34 am »
Hope this works out well for you. :thumbup: If Selicree gains enough popularity, she may be able to claim a spot as her tailoring shop in one of the cities and get it decorated as such. :whistling:

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:23 am »
I should upgrade Waesed's kormi hide cloak. And a classy shirt would be nice.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:46 pm »
 Well, it would seem there is quite a bit of interest after all. In that case I'll probably make bases for all the races tonight.

Question. Can one turn a .jpeg into a .xml? It's possible I could transfer the lineart of people's outfits and costumes into the game and onto maps, if there is.

Also.  :love: Zalya.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »
JPEG is a pixel format. In-game drawings are a vector format, similar to SVG. Trying to "convert" pixel images would probably result in too big XML files with too coarse dots. Using lines and curves (like in CorelDraw) would be more efficient. Try to use and understand InkScape, this is closest to the in-game drawing format and features (except filling gradients, only outlines).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »
Mariana, what program are you using?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »
Mariana, what program are you using?

Sketchbook pro 6

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »
Meh those sketches look awful. I'd rather have my characters go naked.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »
Meh those sketches look awful. I'd rather have my characters go naked.

Waesed pictures a bunch of naked dwarfs running around Hydlaa and pounds his head on the wall to get it out of his mind!

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »
Is there a decent way to get your svg to the ps 'whatever it may be' vector format?
I've been messing around with that for a bit... but found no working solution...

I can recommend using SVG over Sketchup any time tho

A method I have regularly used is sketch on a piece of paper (old fashioned I know ;P) then scan it and trace with Inkscape.
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 09:08:51 am »
Hmm, I believe derula made an SVG to PS drawing "converter" (rather filter)...

Here: RulaScripts or whatevs

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador