Author Topic: My turn I guess...  (Read 1415 times)

Kampai

• Traveller
    • View Profile
My turn I guess...
« on: January 28, 2004, 06:07:32 pm »
I think this sucks, but here it is anyway.  A magic claw type dagger thing.. umm.. yeah..
Signature? I\'m not sigining anything...

scobar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
I think it looks pretty sweet. I especially like the electric look.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 06:22:01 pm »
And the way it looks so much like yours ;).

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 06:27:29 pm »
actually the only thing i dont like about yours and scobars is that they are used for piercing. mostly claws are slashing weapons. but yours and scobars are both pretty good but i have to say i like scobars better. yours just look very plain compared to his. but objecting that i do like how you made a bigger picture of it.

scobar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 06:40:09 pm »
Whemy, I started designing my claw as a slashing claw, however, it was extremely difficult to get the 3 dimensional look right, so I switched to a piercing one.  I will see if I can do anything in 3ds max, then I will do a better slashing claw.

* and for the pic size, I\'m just trying to make mine close to the same scale as the characters.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:42:42 pm by scobar »

Kampai

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 06:44:01 pm »
Well i did say a claw type dagger thing :P
I was intending it to be a sword but i got lazy and shortened it and just put the part for the hand on instead, because that\'s when i doscovered that Paintshop pro 8 sucks for designing anything like this.  I\'m gonna try again in Photoshop or autocad then color it in photoshop.  I\'m just bored being stuck at home right now.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 07:31:53 pm »
Originally posted by Kampai
Well i did say a claw type dagger thing :P
I was intending it to be a sword but i got lazy and shortened it and just put the part for the hand on instead, because that\'s when i doscovered that Paintshop pro 8 sucks for designing anything like this.  I\'m gonna try again in Photoshop or autocad then color it in photoshop.  I\'m just bored being stuck at home right now.

well i would suggest adding lots of detail. try giving the handle lots of texture designs if your any good at shading. also i would like to see an imperfect weapon for once. maybe add some rust as well as signs of breakage, chipping and maybe some hints that the blade has been broken off and welded back on. only suggestions though, im probaly not too good at cad or 3d max so...

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 07:37:56 pm »
Originally posted by whemyfield
actually the only thing i dont like about yours and scobars is that they are used for piercing. mostly claws are slashing weapons. but yours and scobars are both pretty good but i have to say i like scobars better. yours just look very plain compared to his. but objecting that i do like how you made a bigger picture of it.

Scobar\'s was designed as more of an assasin\'s weapon. Slashing is good in a fight. Stabbing kills much faster and much more reliably.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 07:42:12 pm »
actually if i was an assassin i would rather decapitate him than just stab him... i mean you can survive a stab. when using a blood most kills come from blood loss. to get as much blood loss as possible as quickly as possible you need a bigger wound so therefore slashing would be better for an assassin. stabbing really is only implemented, from what i have seen in english lore and other mmorpgs, for getting poison or some other substance into the boddy as quickly as possible. why cant you just agree with me for once davis.

whoops thats wound not would
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 07:42:53 pm by Kixie »

Kampai

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 07:56:22 pm »
Cracks and stuff like this??

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 07:59:43 pm »
hey thats very nice!! put some cracks in the blade and more rust (they look like coffee stains :P) and you have a damned good picture!!

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 08:12:18 pm »
Originally posted by whemyfield
actually if i was an assassin i would rather decapitate him than just stab him... i mean you can survive a stab. when using a blood most kills come from blood loss. to get as much blood loss as possible as quickly as possible you need a bigger wound so therefore slashing would be better for an assassin. stabbing really is only implemented, from what i have seen in english lore and other mmorpgs, for getting poison or some other substance into the boddy as quickly as possible. why cant you just agree with me for once davis.

whoops thats wound not would

Yes. It\'s a blade used by an assasin. You said it yourself; assasins use stabbing weapons to inject poisen. Well, an assasin using it would poisen the blade, eh?

And the two sides of the claw look good for slashing, and therefore capitation.

And I can\'t agree with you because you\'re always wrong ;) :P

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 08:20:06 pm »
Originally posted by Davis
Yes. It\'s a blade used by an assasin. You said it yourself; assasins use stabbing weapons to inject poisen. Well, an assasin using it would poisen the blade, eh?

And the two sides of the claw look good for slashing, and therefore capitation.

And I can\'t agree with you because you\'re always wrong ;) :P

i dont see any poison on it do you?

and right.... there aha your trying to cover your tracks again you sneaky bast@rd.

you said it was for stabing i disagreed and now your trying to agree slashing is good by saying you could do it with the sides. you chamelion. i hope you get a special seat in h3ll.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 09:07:57 pm »
I was arguing about the stabbing thing, not the blade itself. The blade itself can easily be used for decapitation. You say something right for once, and so suddenly assasins don\'t stab people?  8o

And I don\'t see poisen on it either. Does he have to draw the poisen? It sounds strange because it\'s so obvious: He\'s drawing the weapon, not somebody using the weapon!

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 09:12:20 pm »
Originally posted by Davis
I was arguing about the stabbing thing, not the blade itself. The blade itself can easily be used for decapitation. You say something right for once, and so suddenly assasins don\'t stab people?  8o

And I don\'t see poisen on it either. Does he have to draw the poisen? It sounds strange because it\'s so obvious: He\'s drawing the weapon, not somebody using the weapon!

what i meant was your use of poison was completely a figment of your imagination. you have no idea if the author had any intention of using it for poison as nor do i. but i think it isnt since he made a diffferent weapon specfically for poison.

since i thought there was no poison in the use of this weapon, i felt that this should be used for decapitation and since it was a stabbing weapon i thought that there should be a claw for slashing. then i typed... happy?