Author Topic: Getting into quests  (Read 668 times)

davante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Getting into quests
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:49 am »
Hi,

As a new player i noticed that the quests that are given in game are very hard to start with. Since you don't know where are the npc's are and what they are called it takes a lot of time to find all the right persons. I noticed that there are a lot of players who will help you with finding them. But I think the usual new player would rather just want the quests to be clear enough to do on their own. It would be nice if the NPC giving the quest would also tell you where to find the person.

The quest log also doesn't show much information. It isn't wise to log out with an unfinished quest. Since the quest log sometimes doesn't include the name of the person it will be really hard to log in and finish the quest. You could of course write it down in the notes you can add, but i would say should be used for more advanced quests, not to write down this standard information.

Well.. Tell me if i'm wrong and what you think!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Getting into quests
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:02:18 am »
In time we'll address these issues, we have too much to do atm as it is.

Rigwyn

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:25:08 am »

In the meantime ... If you write down the name of each npc you encounter, their location, what they train and sell then you will have a very valuable reference for both training and questing.

davante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:52:38 am »
I should have thought of that! But since I didn't: Thank you! :)

Prolix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:30:39 pm »
another thing you can do is look at the chat logs with a text editor, the npc dialog is generally saved in them and they persist between sessions.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:32:01 pm »
Two things, if you mean the quest log in the GUI interface, that is a place for you to write notes on quests, it isn't automatically filled with information.

Also, you can find logs of your conversations with npc's/players/etc stored locally on your computer if you must log out before finishing a quest.  Common locations listed below:

Windows: In the user home directory, usually in "Document and Setting\Username\Application Data\PlaneShift
Linux: ~/.PlaneShift
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/PlaneShift

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 08:27:09 pm »
Hello

An idea that just came to my mind (I hope it's not already a feature request / wish) is to mark some quests as beginner's quests. Easiest way would be probably to just add this as ooc information in the text.
This way newbies can find easier solvable quests to get startet with them.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:57:56 pm »
Hello

An idea that just came to my mind (I hope it's not already a feature request / wish) is to mark some quests as beginner's quests. Easiest way would be probably to just add this as ooc information in the text.
This way newbies can find easier solvable quests to get startet with them.

Sen

Interesting suggestion.  Will give it some thought, or a variation of.

Though one of my personal goals is to get some more information into the older quests on /where is /who is, etc.