Author Topic: Guild Leadership  (Read 1779 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Leadership
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 03:17:50 pm »
I always thought being a good guildleader meant that you have to be a great friend. That you have to listen to your friends and most of all enjoy playing with eachother.

Edit: Sangwa is a great friend.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:20:07 pm by Jekkar »
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29:27 pm »
It's so wonderful to hear that you and Sangwa are great friends, and that you enjoy playing with each other.

Not only Sangwa, Rinenud, you too. I enjoy playing with you most of all and I'm sure you could be a great leader, like running the Dawn Force or being Shadowlord.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 03:39:30 pm »
Thank you for you kind words friend Jekkar. Owing to pressing social engagements, my time is somewhat limited as of late, and instead of playing with my many fine associates in this very fine game, I am lately taken to playing with myself.

I should indeed think I could once again don the mantle of leadership but I feel that nowadays, in my declining years, the decaying composition of my cells is leading to a breakdown of the various hierarchic fields, my field of vision being one that is greatly diminished. But hope springs eternal ever, and once must wait and see.

Know that our doors will always be open for you, Rinenud.
May your recovery be whipped into a sudden haste, as Roberet Goldsmith would say.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »
You be well then and until such a time. I shan't be waiting, but know it is almost because I want to assure there's something here for your grand return.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:43 pm »
Get a room you three.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:19:36 pm by Candy »
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »
Don't you want to be the forth? We're always looking for more... Actually, that's why we don't get a room.

Join the Dark Empire!

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 04:11:43 am »
This topic has gone a bit  :offtopic:

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 04:37:05 am »
Really? Thanks for the contribution.

Join the Dark Empire!

davante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 06:54:29 pm »
I think that (in short) it's as simple as this: A good guild leader must be able to facilitate and delegate. 

What people look for in a guild could be divided into different areas like (in short, and there may be more) gaining knowledge, having people to talk to (so for fun), to be able to achieve certain goals in game they could otherwise not. In every one of these aspects the perfect guild leader must make sure the members of his or her guild can find that (in some guild one more than another).

When running a guild this usually means that a guild leader should help people out when they need help with anything. But when it is something that happends more often the guild leader should make sure that there are members of the guild that deal with these kind of problems for him or her. This way the guild leader will always have time to deal with new problems and judge what is right in exceptions. And since the structure is in such a way that more members don't put more pressure on the guild leader the guild will be able to have more members (what usually allows players to achieve their goals faster).

A guild leader that runs a guild like this can be missed for longer periods of time and will be able to run a very big guild without problems. It does take quite some organisation and people skills to do this though, since delegating must be done in the right way and to the right people.

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 11:16:15 am »
I was a good, proud guild leader of a 100-man guild. We defeated other guilds in guild wars (we were undefeated!!!). We held massive in-guild RP events. I remember how we had a ranking system based on how many enemies you killed/resources you brought into the guild. The highest rank of knight involved an elaborate ceremony at the Bronze Doors on the tip of the eagle head, where we would "knight" the player using /me commands and then give the player a ceremonial sword. It was awesome.

Then a couple major updates came out, causing most of our members to quit, and now the guild is disbanded.

Hurrah.

Aside from that, I would say a good guild leader needs to keep the guild interested, needs to keep people busy trying to up their ranks and also needs to host some guild events. A guild war makes people really like to be in the guild (unless you pick a fight with Klyros Junction). At least, that's how I remember it. Oh yeah, and be online a lot. Nobody likes it when there isn't always a high-ranking official to give you points.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:14 am »
Sure thing nek-- Wait a minute. You're just that lowly dude! *keeps egomania trip and stays tf in*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:10:06 am by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:57 pm »
Ok... don't make me send my drooling yulbar to Elkarway to get him to come whip you two back into shape.  I will do it!

Thanks guys, for all the replies. :) 
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »
* Sangwa runs away.

Join the Dark Empire!

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:27:58 am »
in addition:

Any self-respecting guildleader that calls him/ herself a "good" leader should have the leader's blues IMHO

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango