Author Topic: Jessamine's Labors  (Read 375 times)

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Jessamine's Labors
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:01:40 pm »
Her belly had grown enormous. She felt it pulling her to the ground, as she tried to resist the weight that seemed to be always on the verge of making her topple over. And all that constant kicking and turning that almost never ceased! The baby was certainly eager to come out to the world of Yliakum. It had been two long cycles of uncertainty and doubt, but at the same time of immense happiness and expectancy for both of them! She was certainly glad the childbirth was imminent, and eager to hold her baby in her arms! She smiled as she beheld her figure in the long mirror in their bedroom, and saw her reflection tenderly hug the figure faintly outlined against the skin of her swollen belly. The baby was certainly moving lower down these last few days!

A sudden pang of fear overtook her, as she wondered if she really should be standing in front of the mirror. She took a deep breath and slowly calmed herself: This was a benign, simple mirror, Migg had insisted. Her husband had stored the other, sinister looking mirror at Willam's storage, and only brought home this golden mirror, reflecting its surroundings and nothing else on its highly polished surface. The tales Migg had told her of what some mages could do with the smoky mirrors they had created made her shudder. Her thoughts shifted back to the baby, and the imminent birth. She wondered when the labors would begin, and if she would have enough time before the baby came. Migg was never too far away from home or gone for too long these days, still she would like him to be with her when it would start. And Fesara, she had not been too regular in her visits lately. Would she be near at hand? Sacho and Anysu had promised to help too, still she felt uneasy.

This had been a new thing to both of them, Jess and Migg. Young Dermorians away from home, without their parents near them to help and guide them, explain what they should be expecting. This would be an unfamiliar process for both them and their healers. Migg's mother, Senorea, had been a healer, and quite skilled at delivering both Dermorian and Lemur babies back in the Lemur village where Migg was born. Despite his best efforts however, Migg had never managed to communicate with them and receive a reply to his letters from either his parents or sister. This was a subject that always frustrated her husband, and caused Migg a lot of anguish. She wished he would find his family one day, but as the time grew near, she also felt how reassuring his mother's presence during birth would have been to both of them.

She slowly turned to approach the bed. She was getting tired so easily lately. Just a walk to the marketplace the day before yesterday, a task that should have been of no concern mere months ago, had been so tiring she had to sleep the rest of the day. And now she felt so tired again! Perhaps she should lie down, while waiting for Migg to come back with the day's shopping.

It certainly wouldn't be long, the baby would be coming any time now, she thought as she fell asleep...

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Jessamine's Labors
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:00 pm »
Migg, I read this and couldn't help but notice that you wrote this from Jessamine's perspective. While Jessamine the character is Migg the character's wife, it's still improper for you to post something written from the view of a character who isn't yours. Maybe you weren't aware of this.

Now, if the player of Jessamine reviewed this and gave you a definitive all-clear to post it as it was when she read it, that's a different matter.

If the above was not the case, however, then this really is in validation of RP courtesy, as one is not supposed to write how another player's character will act or react, including thoughts, feelings, etc., no matter how close one is to that player or that player's character.

I understand that maybe you weren't aware of this, and I mean this as friendly advice. Perhaps you should consider double-checking with the player of Jessamine about this post just to be sure, and if it's not okay with her edit it to have it from Migg's view instead?

Sincerely, Tidebringer. :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:55:00 pm by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 12:17:27 pm »
Migg, I read this and couldn't help but notice that you wrote this from Jessamine's perspective.

When logging into the forum last night, I wanted to make a post that would relay an intended in-game RP that would conclude a long (one year and counting now) story. Real life obligations and a big timezone difference make it hard to pinpoint an exact time frame, and even definitive schedule, for the culmination of this monumental point in the lives of Jess and Migg. Still, I enthusiastically felt this was something we should share, as in-game RP is what has kept me in game for so long, and I thought the more players able to witness some aspect of it the better. I had some contact with Jess, and I admit she was less enthusiastic about making a forum post. Still, I had intended to post some material online, to introduce people to the storyline and perhaps, if time and circumstance allowed, inform them of times and places to be in order to share Jess's and Migg's big moment.

Some direct invitation being out of the question for the reasons stated above, I decided to formulate the story as a narrative from the perspective of the involved parties, in the manner I saw in other forum threads. I believe that the whole process of gestation, so gloriously concluding at the moment a newborn lets out a cry into the world, is most acutely felt by the mother, no matter how close the father tries to be to the whole process and how actively supportive he is to his spouse. It therefore felt natural that the most impactful introduction of the story would have to be made from the perspective of the mother. The intention being to follow it up with another post from the father's perspective, adding any other material made available in the meanwhile.

Now, if the player of Jessamine reviewed this and gave you a definitive all-clear to post it as it was when she read it, that's a different matter.

I admit there has been no direct communication with Jess's player during the creation of the story, nor any definitive all-clear beforehand for my post. There was some off-line communication since, the direction of which I will let Jess's player detail if she so wishes. I do appreciate your concern and your intention to press a valid point, I must however say my feeling is there could have been other means of communicating your concerns instead of an off-topic post in what was intended as an RP storyline. Still, I am too new in all of this and I could be yet again mistaken. All I can say is I am sorry if my way of presenting this story offended you, or anyone else for that matter, in any way.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:28:02 pm »
It's not about offense. It's just... not your role.

I was also not aware that a pregnancy counted as story. Unless I am missing something. Not that you need a story to make a post in this forum, it's just what you called it.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »
Jess Through the Mirror

Jessamine through the bedroom mirror in the Chaaran Order guildhouse

[ I wanted to give the thread up, but Jess thought I should be sharing this, and I'd hate starting anew. Here goes, hope I don't live to regret this but hey, I at least know one other person likes it :) ]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:11:26 pm by Migg »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 08:29:55 pm »
Ain't it a bitch how mirrors tend to add a few pounds?