Author Topic: Why pking should be allowed (everyone plz read and give opinions)  (Read 2445 times)

Siegemaker

• Traveller
    • View Profile
RPG\'s are supposed to be a real life adventure with a computer character controlled by a human.  They are free to live how they want.  Except for the fact that spells and things are present in this game, it is parallel to real life.  Real life has killing death destruction.  You can\'t just take it out of a game without ruining the realism.  But I didn\'t say you can\'t limit it.

The safe zone thing is an idea also in another game I play called Xenimus.  Anyone can stand on the town square (plaza) and if you get hit, the hitter takes the damage.  If you step off the square then you are free game, but if someone kills you, the guards (NPC\'s) will try to kill him.  In real life ppl don\'t kill you in public (safe zone) and if they kill you, the police chase them (guards).  If you kill them outside the town, the guards won\'t chase you but you turn a little more evil.  When you turn evil on your alignment bar, the guards will kill you when they see you.

Another way is limiting pking.  Xenimus did this in two ways.  Hitting another person didn\'t do as much damage as it should unless you were in certain areas (the underground where all evil hides), and you get one pk and one defensive pk (they attack you first) per day.  That is a max of two pk\'s per day.  Only one unless they start the fight.

Finally, do not believe that because I am in a hitman clan that I want pking because of that.  We pk those who the people hire us to kill.  Just like hitmen in REAL LIFE.  If someone steals all your kills or annoys you, wouldn\'t you want to kill that person?

In conclusion, Pking is a tool just like knowledge and power which, in the hands of wrong people, can be dangerous, but that\'s life.

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 01:47:49 pm »
Well u leave a few things out.  There will be those people who just pk to go around and kill newbies. this game isnt meant to be real life. its meant to be a game people can play where everyone playing it can have a good time, and lots of people dont consider getting killed by someone when ur training fun.  It makes people afraid to go into deeper dungeons where they can train because soemone might just come along and kill them. thats no fun.  I think the idea on having an arenas where pking is allowed, and the both people have to agree to the fight should work just fine.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 02:06:25 pm »
**checks for something new**

check one of the other people\'s post if you want pking opinions...

as for my opinion i dont think any of those are really good ideas on how to get pking allowed, you argue realism, but there are different kinds of realism, seeing as even if there was permadeath and you pked and got killed you could still make as many other characters you want and go on a killing spree while still leaving your fav. char intact....not very realistic is it?

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 03:12:42 pm »
I think that PKing should be allowed in the game.  I know there is always the prob of the really strong killing the really weak, so they should make it so that you can only attack somebody who is close to your skill.  This way the weak can attack the weak, and the strong fight the strong.

Fighting in towns should attract town guards who would break up the fight/arrest/kill the people fighting.

The wild is free game, hey, its wild.

Then there is the problem of people teaming up to kill people....

ToK-ra

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm not even going to bother reading, because I've see
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 03:37:47 pm »
THERE WILL BE NO PK\'ing!!!

Point, end of subject, no need to argue about it!!

Since the beginning of the game the Dev\'s desided they didn\'t want to make a game where the main focus is FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, KILL KILL KILL. It gets lame real fast, and many people are real sick of it. thats why there fans of this game, because there will be more to do then just kill each other.

Ok, i\'m also not saing that there would not be any killing at all. You will be able to kill NPC\'s and each other. BUT, to kill each other, it will mostly be both the attacker and the victim that will have to accept, in a deuwl manner, or there would be arena matches like, 1vs1, 2vs2, and most prossible clan vs clan. But so far these will be the only maner to kill other players. So if you don\'t like it, Tough. Because a lot do.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 03:38:30 pm by ToK-ra »

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 05:19:17 pm »
PK allowed if both parts agree, on Arenas and free on Clan Wars. Enough said.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 05:21:21 pm by Elentor »

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 05:47:23 pm »
Your argument is flawed Siegemaker.

RPGs are not about playing real or even realistic people.

Some games can be, but most people find that boring?though I would love to make death permanent in a game?and make wounds permanent, also have aging in the game?and a number of other features that would make the game more realistic, however these things will not be done.

For there to be PK, as you want, would also require prison, loss of all items, and a nice number of other things that can happen to the Pker when he gets caught by the long arm of the LAW.

However we will not go down this road because it is not the focus of the game.

There will be various avenues for PKing and as for annoying people?time banns and other harsh penalties may be implemented?such things are being discussed.

But there will be no PKing in the normal sense, and if someone wants there to be?there are other games that have it.

I am a big fan of PK, Race wars and other fun stuff?but this game will not have that on it?s inception, and it may never have it.  
-Paxx

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 08:15:48 pm »
Originally posted by paxx

For there to be PK, as you want, would also require prison, loss of all items, and a nice number of other things that can happen to the Pker when he gets caught by the long arm of the LAW.

now thats not true. who says there MUST be penalties for being PKed? the reason people PK is the desire to gain valuable or powerful items.If you dont lose anything when you die,then there will be no reason for people to kill you unless its for a roleplayative reason.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 08:53:27 pm »
DEAR god, NOT one of these again..... i mean after 5-10 times i just wish ppl would stop trying, and get it to their head, that no matter how much you argue, or post about this, it will not happen.
I love PKing as much as the next guy, but as paxx, and vengence have said, there is always a way to slip through the cracks, and bring grief to others. I have posted my opinion numerous times before, and typing it right now once again is just not fun. So i have a new opinion about this matter, stop trying to convince the developers about, and flood the forums with this PKing stuff.
P.S. i did not even bother to read the post, as it was long, and did not look too fun, but i would really doubt that it brought anything new, since i saw the part about prisons and justice, and so forth, same thing was said to me when i tried to agrue PKing with paxx...

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 09:04:30 pm »
well did you read my post?

i will never make a new thread simply to argue pking. i know the devs wont put it in further than what they have already said.But when i see other people making posts about it,i will comment because i support PK.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

HORUS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
You wana pk? Let me push u off a pyramid.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 11:28:17 pm »
Aelya: PK\'ing is old, lame, an old. EVERY rpg/mmorpg has it, and it\'s about time that it rpg\'s/mmorpg\'s have a diffrent Focus.

It\'s obvious that this game is trying to do that. I\'ve played SO many killing, hunting, shooting, games threw my life that even politics is more intresting to me, Yes, politics. I\'d rather play a game that everyhting is balanced, and not everything tilting to killing.

I\'m sure people will be able to show there brute strength in Clan War, and such. Thats all I would like. 1vs1 is lame and outdated.

IF YOU WANA PK, GO PLAY RS!!!

note, I do not promote runescap... it sucks  :evil:
Proud Member of Hellsing

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 01:53:02 am »
first of all...dont flame me for voicing my opinion and offering a solution to a problem. THAT is lame.1v1 PK is not outdated or lame,its classic.as for runescape...HELL NO! i hate runescape. PK or not i will never play that game ever again. because all it has become is power gaming. people dont give a damn about anything else but there own advancement. i was only treated with the least bit of respect by clanmates and friends.If i told you what some people would say if i simply walked up and said \"hi\", id probly get banned from these forums.enough said.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2002, 01:53:54 am by Princess Aelya »

HORUS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 03:54:43 pm »
Wen I said Hi, They said \"Wana Trade?\" and follow me around the world. lol :P

I wouldn\'t really say I was flamming. since PK\'ing is not part of this game, theres no need to talk about it.
Proud Member of Hellsing

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 06:03:27 am »
As for my opinion, read the other 35496259834 pk threads i replied on.
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Siegemaker

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2002, 09:30:49 am »
Thank you all for replying.  And just remember, I was just showing my opinion so you don\'t have to get angry lol.  It\'s just a game...

Kyalin - I did forget that point thankyou.  It can be prevented.  If you only have one maybe two kills a day, plus the amount of people who don\'t pk, I\'d say you got a good chance to survive.  I play Xenimus and I have been killed once in about 5 months.  Also, it makes them more evil and then the guards can kill him.  Or you can call in your friends in high places.

Kiern - Each character you play will have its own \"character\" or lifestyle.  Only you will know that your characters are from the same person, so to all else, they think that they are just another few characters.

Funhouse - Thankyou :)

Tok-ra - How do people get things changed?  They voice their opinions.  If it doesn\'t get changed they live with it.  But  how do you have an opinion?  You didn\'t even read the thing?  How does it get lame?  Also, is your name from SG-1?

Elentor - You didn\'t say enough to reply to.

Paxx - You got me on that one G/J.  But you could lose a weapon/armor/item you have equipped and all items you are carrying and maybe even some exp(point things).  The pkers get away with it for now, until the bigger friend of the guy they killed comes after them.

Princess Aelya - Thank you :)

The General - How do you think people get things changed?  I am voicing MY opinion, not the 5-10 other people.  As for slipping through the cracks, what do you think lawyers are for?  But you can\'t say much either.  Although I can understand your annoyance, you should read the post before you reply.

Princess Aelya - Thanks again :)

Horus - I know what you mean.  I can\'t play quake for more than like 30 minutes.  Maybe it will be interesting with no pkes.  No destruction only construction.

Princess Aelya - I agree, RS sucks.

Horus - Making fun of somebody for no reason.  You\'re real cool.

Parasite - 35496259834 replies?  You are a nerd for being on that long.  (reason is he is anti-mypost)