Author Topic: Why pking should be allowed (everyone plz read and give opinions)  (Read 2447 times)

Siegemaker

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2002, 09:32:34 am »
By the way, this IS a wish list.  Maybe it will be fun who knows.  We will have to see when we get there.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2002, 04:45:53 pm »
That was in figure of speech  8)
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Siegemaker

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2002, 10:38:42 pm »
I know, just defending my opinion lol.

SilverStar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2002, 09:49:21 am »
Adding my opinion about PvP and PK:

I do not like PvP and will not play a game where it happens freely. I think limiting it to arenas and mutual consent is great, that allows those who like it to enjoy themselves killing each other.

As for being realistic - well, I play MMORPG because they are fantasy  games, lol... PvP seems to me to be even worse than real life, as I\'ve never lived in a place where a lot of people go around killing each other.

Killing monsters is different, you can feel that you are ridding the world of evil. Killing somebody when you know there is another human being behind him/her, sitting at a computer somewhere else in the world... that does not appeal to me at all.

As far as I\'m concerned, there are too many MMORPGs that have lots of PvP. It\'s very frustrating, as some have very nice graphics, but I can\'t play them because they all are PvP based. It\'s just wonderful to find a game at long last that isn\'t!

:) SilverStar

HORUS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Nothing better then a Cabaso chesse cake!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2002, 07:43:17 pm »
ya, this is a wish list. but this subject has taken up like 50 posts, and not just in the wish list forums. If you wana argue about PK\'ing, then do a search of old post about PK\'ing and put your opinion in tho\'s. If anyone cares they\'ll reply. But seeing a PK post being started every couple of weeks, it\'s anoying. People just don\'t get the point. So the one\'s(like me) that have seen it to much, Just rather say \"shut up, it won\'t happen\", because we proven our point in the past.
Proud Member of Hellsing

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2002, 07:50:25 pm »
MMORPG\'s suck with out some kind of PK\'ing. With out it after you complete all the quests then there is no point into leveling up your guy anymore or even playing it anymore its just like a single player mode without PK\'ing... oh yeah stop talking about it just go find old posts it gets old listening to the same old same old all the time... ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2002, 07:51:27 pm by MagiBountyHunter »

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:
\"Hunt This\"
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"

HORUS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
same old, same old?
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2002, 05:09:30 am »
To me PK\'ing is same old same old. You must be thinking of runescape wen you say the quests will be easy to do. because I remember I finished tho\'s in no time. BUT this game will not be like this.

Magi, you really show that your new to the mmorpg scene. because you would understand that ALL mmorpg are full of PK\'ing if thats what your interested in, there are plenty of games out there to choose from. In this game there trying to give it a diffrent aproch. there trying to make it so the game is more balanced and not full of bloodsed. The \"no PK\'ing\" subject was desided long befor you where here. YOu might not understand it, but thats how it is, and how it will stay.
Proud Member of Hellsing

SilverStar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2002, 05:44:27 pm »
What I can\'t understand, Magi, is why you want to play this game if you\'re into PK? ?(

Most other MMORPGs out there are PvP based - eg: Darkfall, Dragon Empires, Asheron\'s Call, Magicosm, Neverwinternights, Shadowbane, Ultima Online... And the list goes on. Even in Dark Age of Camelot you can PvP with players from other lands.

I\'ve been having a hell of a lot of trouble finding any games that are not full of PvP!!!

So why hang in here, Magi, when there\'s a whole world of PvP and Pk out there waiting for you? :rolleyes:

LOL
SilverStar

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2002, 06:26:09 pm »
$$$

Strider Centaur

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2002, 02:47:49 pm »
In my years of MMORPG experiance PKrs are the first to complain about penalties for their actions.   To that end allowing PK in game is simply counter productive for the enjoyment of most players.

The only way that I think PKing could be kept in balance is by making such activities cary strong in game penalties.  Much as one would expect from any society where murder is outlawed.

I for one am a strong support of NO PK, if you want to PK go play Half Life, Quake, AC, DAoC or any of the other online FPS games.  The one thing there is no shortage of is PKing in MMORPGs or FPS on the internet.

:P

Bombyz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2003, 11:48:57 am »
PKing would be good, an example of a good pk is on Fantasy Star Online. on FSO, there are dungeons and stuff. some dungeon parts are safe, some parts are PK. So why not make PK parts out of the way, on the sides of a dungeon? or in the deep forests?

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2003, 01:28:25 pm »
Some people just don\'t seem to get it. :O

This game won\'t have open PvP/PK.

Reasons?

1. Griefers.
2. More griefers.
3. Even more griefers.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 01:33:20 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2003, 03:18:15 pm »
PvP there will be, just not in the standard format
-Paxx

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2003, 05:19:19 pm »
Originally posted by me
This game won\'t have open  PvP/PK.

Meaning that you can\'t just freely kill another player. I din\'t say that there were no PvP/PK at all.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 05:21:51 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Nadius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2003, 11:18:53 pm »
cmon you guys have used the greifers excuse enough... we wont get what we want so i think we should just drop it for now.......

i havent accully seen a good reason for either pvp/pk or non pvp/pk......

id like to talk to some of these non pvp either on msn messanger so i could find out what there thinking

so if any of you wanna talk maybe we could form a good opinion on either side.. and make some sort of good compromise thats everyone is happy about ......

paxx has some good points but i do think that highend pking is the funnest thing in any game... all there low level pks and noob pkers ruin it for the rest of us....

despite what you all think pking wasnt meant for low levels... its the highend stuff thats fun