Author Topic: Why pking should be allowed (everyone plz read and give opinions)  (Read 2448 times)

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2003, 12:08:09 pm »
Or perhaps it is so that not everybody likes killing each other, not even if they\'re HLs.
You don\'t want to accept it, but some players don\'t like the PvP-concept at all. They wanna play with  each other, not against  each other.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 12:10:31 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2003, 05:49:43 pm »
Originally posted by SilverStar
Adding my opinion about PvP and PK:

I do not like PvP and will not play a game where it happens freely. I think limiting it to arenas and mutual consent is great, that allows those who like it to enjoy themselves killing each other.

As for being realistic - well, I play MMORPG because they are fantasy  games, lol... PvP seems to me to be even worse than real life, as I\'ve never lived in a place where a lot of people go around killing each other.

Killing monsters is different, you can feel that you are ridding the world of evil. Killing somebody when you know there is another human being behind him/her, sitting at a computer somewhere else in the world... that does not appeal to me at all.

As far as I\'m concerned, there are too many MMORPGs that have lots of PvP. It\'s very frustrating, as some have very nice graphics, but I can\'t play them because they all are PvP based. It\'s just wonderful to find a game at long last that isn\'t!

:) SilverStar

go play EQ, i\'m sure you will like it.

Aelya:  Hey, I agree with you.  If this game will only focus on advancing your character, then the hell with it, I will not play it. Well, maybe a  few days, I\'ll still give it a shot.

You all sound like if PK will be allowed it will be the main focus of people.  I don\'t think so.  This doesn\'t have to be counter strike you know.  Somebody said that killing another human being in from of a computer bla bla bla, you can never go thru with it.  Well me neither, and I\'m sure a lot of other people feel that way.  Of course there will be morons who will do it, but there were good solutions given.  I thought that Open source meant that people can easily influence what devs are making.  Nah, this is dictatorship I see.  A lot are voicing their opinions and solutions and are being flamed.
pking can be griveing, but it can also give the game very real senses and the fact that paxx you already played pking games and telling people to **** off to another game just shows, i\'m not even going to say what, think about it yourself.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2003, 11:42:42 am »
If playing an MMORPG without PKing is considered bring then you are playing the wrong genre of games.  Let me define roleplaying:

To assume or represent in a drama; act out
To assume or act out a particular role

A good RPG provides things other than just mindlessly killing mobs and characters.  It others jobs and politics which allowing player characters to interact with each other.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...