Author Topic: PK while travelling  (Read 666 times)

Skain

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
PK while travelling
« on: May 31, 2003, 07:44:09 am »
why not make pvp out in wilderness areas, like when travelling between cities, this way people could actually make their job an outlaw, and it makes travelling like a mini quest avoiding them.

And those who do not wish to be killed while going from city to city. they could perhaps pay for warps, or maybe some kind of hiring of large group vehicles that take them there. Or maybe animals to ride on to outrun them, like chocobows, or if ur really rich, a big bird like thing that flys there!!!

Also there could be an arena area where ppl compete, like the gladiators, and the rest of us spectate.

Ppls thoughts?
-Skain-

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 11:12:56 am »
So basically anyone who doesn\'t want to be attacked has to fork over what little money they have in order to stay safe.  I still don\'t see how that makes things fair.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Skain

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 12:19:23 pm »
well people could also travel in groups so they dont get attacked and what not, (coz the attackers could be outnumbered) perhaps there could be some alternative path too, that, well, maybe has less treasures or sumfin that ppl who dont want to fight could take.

i mean, im talking more realism here, that oh look u cant hurt me coz the server says so nyaaaa. kinda like the ff wildernesses when traveling, their could be a free air bus (bird or whatever) that comes hourly or sumthing as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 09:21:21 am by Skain »
-Skain-

Samoth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 10:11:31 pm »
I like the wild west theory of PvP

players could ride the stage with a shotgun, or travel in groups, or ride a very fast steed

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 11:41:52 am »
and if the outlaws happen to venture into town stupidly, the guards take him to the chopping block for an insta permadeath!!! btw, I DON\'T like the idea of permadeath just because of griefers... so in my opinion there should be a severe penalty for acting out of part in a pk fashion.
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
i think its a good idea but a little on the unfair side if you dont know what your doing even if you travel in groups if the person is alot better than you chances are he\'ll take a person in 1 or 2 swings

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 06:31:27 pm »
it\'s good stuff, it opens up plenty professions like bodyguards, all those who are in merc guilds, outlaws, all those who like to live in forest and wait(which is also a little unrealistic) because I\'m sure the areas between cities will be huge, I don\'t think outlaws will stand around everywhere for hours just waiting for somebody.
Anyway, it could open work for traveling services, whether you can rent a horse :), for a fast ride, or you can take the supersonic japanese metro.

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 07:17:42 pm »
lol a metro? nevermind forget i asked

I kinda like this idea of pk\'in by traveling from city to city but on the other hand i dont. Itll add lots of buisness like most of you said but it would not be fair at all to new people or people with very low levels. Maybe if there were areas right out of the city were you could fight monsters and lvl or if there was a level difference  i.e  if you were lvl 15 and you see like a lvl 1-5 you cant attack them. I dunno i just like the pk because its realistic.

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 07:40:47 pm »
hehe again - there are no levels in Planeshift

and the whole wilderness idea - that is how it is in Diablo 2 -> the end result is that the pks will wait right outside the town gates for the poor wandering noobs who don\'t know what they\'ve gotten themselves into

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 07:53:53 pm »
once again .... your making me look like an idiot ....... well make the area out of town not pk only make pk a little far between the cities and i know about d2 i owned with my sorc