Author Topic: Some clearing up.  (Read 2686 times)

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2003, 01:11:52 am »
you are clear.  you dont want to be able to \"scuffle\" with a player much weaker than you or much stronger than you.  I still dont agree there will be a big chance of meeting a same skilled player.  but thats beside the point.

all your system does is protect weaker players from stronger players.  It is still, like every PK system, not perfect (my scenario shows that).  Thats good that you have morals, but any system of open PK does not require you to, so others may not.

Your system is relatively simple.  The solution for PK will probably not be in a simple system.  It will most likely be very complicated.  If it was simple, dont you think someone would have thought of it already?  

Bottom line: Open PK causes grief.  And no system so far has figured out a way to do it without grief.  Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 01:13:31 am by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2003, 01:55:23 am »
yeah my solution maybe simple, but hey, sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.  
like that joke, \"in 70 the Americans spent 2million dollars developing ball pen that will work in space, while Russians just used pencils.\"

:)

anyway, I know it\'s not the case here, I actually starting to doubt my own system myself.  But a simple solution is possible, and it\'s probably has been mentioned, it\'s just devs don\'t want to risk it.  but I dont understand, what do they got to loose.  unless all of them are united against the idea of pk, pvp, blab lbabla.

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2003, 09:40:44 am »
lol just let it go abemore but really any system of pk isnt fair unless you both somehow have to agree to battle and that isnt happening

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2003, 11:24:41 am »
LMAO.  I can\'t believe people are still arguing over PKing.  And still no one has gotten the message.  NO PKing.  And, hypothetically speaking, if PKing were allowed.  a large population of players would just go around killing everyone.  And even those who just killed one person, think about what it would be like to finally get that weapon you have been saving up for and some guy comes along and kills you then takes it.

And for those people who think it\'s more \"realistic\", this is a FANTASY game, which if looked up is the exact  opposite of reality.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2003, 11:26:57 am »
i dont see why you would have to lose your weapon if your were pk\'d i said in one of the forums that you should just lose a small amount of money or nothing at all ........

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2003, 11:30:47 am »
I was just providing an example.  We could use the travelling example maybe?  Spending hours trying to get somewhere and have someone just kill you and having to start over again.  No matter how you look at it, it causes grief.

My solution, PKing should come with realistic punishments.  Such as having the character sent to jail forever.  That sort of thing.

<Aendar>...

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2003, 12:12:56 pm »
ok ok i think pvp should be limited in specail zones then .... now thats fair if you dont want to get pk\'d dont go in that zone there could be warning signs or something im sure a few people said this idea and it is the fairest idea ........ no one should disagree with this system but if you get pk\'d you keep your 4 most expensive or rare items. If you get pk\'d its your fault you lost the items and im sure they\'ll have a bank or something.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2003, 12:52:45 pm »
Where as that won\'t affect those who choose not to PK it will detract from the roleplaying aspect of the game.  PS is a roleplaying game therefore those who play the game should roleplay, mindlesly killing monsters and other people isn\'t roleplaying.

<Aendar>...

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2003, 12:56:03 pm »
well obviously the people that choose not to roleplay and want to kill other people can stay in the zone but the people who do roleplay DO NOT have to go into the zone to get pk\'d who said you cant roleplay????????

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2003, 01:02:29 pm »
this thread has gone to crap.  have you read ANY of the PK literature in this forum, shang?  you\'re becoming a bit repetitive... simma\' down now!

Aendar\'s solution is realistic, but like our real life system, it carries the possibility of putting innocent people away.

I have just come up with a solution of my own, and so far, I believe it be quite elegant.  Let me know what you think:
My Alternative to PK (featuring Playground rules)

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.