Author Topic: PK Switch  (Read 449 times)

danimal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
PK Switch
« on: July 14, 2003, 01:43:34 pm »
I\'m always amazed that PK\'n is such an issue for devs.  A Pk Switch is all you need.  Should a player decide to become a PK, he throws the \"switch\" and is now in a Free For All system ONLY with other players who have similarly thrown the switch.

Therefore he can PK wherever he likes (I\'d still recommend no fighting in towns allowed), with like minded people!!!  The people who hate PK\'s don\'t get PK\'d, the people who love it get to do it without restriction!!!  Its so simple and elegant.  Why is this such an issue for MMORPGS!? :)  Seriously if someone fills me in on the flaws of the PK switch I\'d love to hear it, I\'ve never run into any problems with the system.

Dan

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 01:25:44 am »
Could work, it\'s implemented in other games. You would be able to go PK, and NEVER GO BACK to being Non-PK on the charachter. There would also be no level limitation, a huge powerful player should be able to attack small defenseless PKers. This would prevent a bunch of little newbies from running around PK. It would also discourage PKing, except for the best of the players who have nothing better to do.
The Great Linksunius

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 03:39:27 pm »
if there are sufficient, difficult, unqique quests for the higher level characters (or guild wars) there shouldnt be much need for pking - but pick pocketing should definately be in for thief type characters