Author Topic: Kada-El's Tavern: Call for Guilds  (Read 1375 times)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
Kada-El's Tavern: Call for Guilds
« on: July 27, 2005, 03:06:56 pm »
As a first move to make sure it was up to date, we have recently checked the guilds that were on the list of Kada-El\'s tavern. A few of them were gently shown the gate to the graveyard, a place of oblivion or eternal memory depending on your point of view. Unfortunate but death is the only sure promise of life, isn\'t it?

Now we move on to the fun part, and are looking for the worthy guilds of the realm that could be added to the list.

It is no simple task, and to help us in our quest we have set a few basic requirements that will allow us to sort out the candidates. While we will be somewhat flexible, we will try to stick to them as much as possible in order to get a meaningful result. They are nothing more than what you would expect from a guild, should you want to join one - which is indeed the main purpose of this list.

These conditions are necessary but not sufficient. We will inspect more carefully the guilds which passed the test before adding them, using all sorts of torture devices: subjective and objective opinions, evil polls, bribe demands (note to self: remove this before posting), spell checkers, spoon detectors and many, many others.

• Basic Requirements

• A website and guild forums.
      People in a guild need to communicate, other than in the game only. The era of oral tradition is over even in the setting of Planeshift, you can blame timezones (for want of a better excuse).
    • At least 10 members.
      10 different players to be precise. This is nothing more than the Planeshift requirement for an official guild.
    • Two months of activity in Planeshift.
      This is part of the test, a minimum amount of active time is a little guarantee that you can survive. Besides, you will need this delay to earn a reputation, as we will to handle the paperwork ;)
  • Qualitative Requirements

• The website must contain enough information about the guild, like its setting and purpose, the structure, the rules, the members. If part of this information is secret, we will adapt to the situation.
    • The guild background has to fit the Planeshift setting.
      This game is about roleplaying, it is an important factor for us (OOC comments and sections are of course not a problem). This also means decent names, for the guild and its members.
    • The website should be reasonably well-done.
      We are not maniacs, but be assured that unreadable scribbling, racial slang (especially enkidukai idioms), or ramshackle guild halls are doomed to a certain rejection from our part.
    • The guild should reach a respectful level of activity in the game, in their forums, and have enough presence in the official Planeshift forums.
      There are advertised guilds, and guilds of hermits. But there is no such thing as an advertised guild of hermits.
The purpose is not organising a \"Top 10 Guilds of Yliakum\" chart, but encouraging the guild founders to respect an appropriate level of quality, as well as offering an useful list to everyone who needs it.

To all guild leaders: if you think your guild meet those requirements and would like to see it added to the list, I invite you to post this information in the Guild Arena forum of the tavern (you need to register):
  • The guild name
  • The leader\'s IC name (there can be several leaders)
  • The website URL
  • The guild alignment (it can be non-aligned, just say so)
  • The date of creation
  • a justification as to why you think your guild should be added. This is an important part, we want to hear your own opinion, don\'t just say \"because it meets the requirements\", or \"because it\'s the best\".
The following information is also desired but not mandatory, you can still send me this later. You can use the following addy: kada.tavern[ad]gmail.com:
  • A 70x70 icon (usual graphics formats like gif, png, jpg). It doesn\'t necessarily need to be square.
  • A short summary (100 words max)
  • Whether you\'re part of an alliance, and if so, the other guilds
Besides guilds, we also have organisations in the list. In that case, some of the requirements may be disregarded, like: the number of members and the kind of information related to the background. We do expect a background of some sort, though, or a purpose useful to the community. For example, a simple forum that just sits there for you to have a chat doesn\'t fit in the plot.

Religions are also welcome, of course. They should be considered as guilds as far as the requirements are concerned. So yes, you need enough members, no shelter for puny tortoises ;)

Thanks! :)

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 03:27:22 pm »
Huzzah for getting the ball rolling Cad :tup:
it\'ll be interesting to see the who\'s what\'s and why\'s of some of these new appearances in our realm.
perhaps i should root my old files and find that login for kada\'s tavern... take atrip down memory lane

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 03:30:26 pm »
And as a side note, I\'ve started up on the guild reviews again. Be afraid, be very afraid.

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 03:38:59 pm »
Ah, Golbez\' and Phinehas\' famous guild reviews. Yes, I didn\'t want to scare them too much, but since you insist...

Demarthl... you had a login there all this time and never used it?  8o Looking forward to wibble you there, then ;)

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 03:58:35 pm »
since the beginning of tCoY i just can never remember the 50 different accounts and logins for different places

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:29 pm »
I send an email.

Very good initiative indeed :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:07:47 pm by Pestilence »

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 04:48:47 pm »
Thanks for the email, Pestilence! I\'d rather have you posting the \"why us\" point in our forums as asked, though. It\'s more interesting to debate this point there. You need to be registered on the site, but it\'s a quick and painless procedure ;)

Ponders for a while

In fact, it\'s even better to post everything instead of sending an email, except for the optional items - I\'ll edit my post to put it that way.

I\'m sure Phinehas would like to have that too, when he\'s writing a review of the guild. Besides, it will centralise the information on guilds that are close to being added on the list but aren\'t quite still there.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 05:22:20 pm »
K :) Well posted at Kada El\'s at the forums section If you want it anymore specific or in an other place let me know :)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 02:37:38 am »
Great, thanks!

And thanks to whoever stuck this thread :)

There\'s a new guild review on Knowledge Seekers by Phinehas, here. The IC part will come soon.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 07:57:21 am »
LOL Couldn\'t find it at first ;)

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 04:53:09 pm »
hmm not many people replying since it\'s been moved to important.

Afraid it might have been countereffective to make it an important thread LOL ;)

r.guppy

Reviews
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 06:16:13 am »
I hope when Phinehas is reviewing the guilds that he reads everything thoroughly to avoid mistakes like this:

Originally posted by Phinehas 31.07.2005, 03:55
Originally posted by Kelden
 the arrival of the character wipe this coming week

Hmm...? Since when is it this coming week? We\'re nowhere near as far as I know...

I counted at least six postings by Phinehas in the thread started by Talad (28.07.2005, 03:57) which tells us of the impending wipe within a few days.

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
New Guilds Added to the List
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 09:01:45 am »
The following guilds and organisation have been added to the list:
  • THE ATHENAEUM OF MAGIC, an organisation created by Phinehas and Levski.
  • THE DRAGON COUNCIL, a guild leaded by Rioth.
  • THE PALADINS, a guild leaded by Cristian and Kanel, under the condition I get a feedback from them soon.
Welcome to them! They are now in the \"New Guilds to our World\" and \"Other Organisations\" categories of Kada-El\'s Tavern Guild List. I encourage you to send me a picture and a summary as said in my first post here.

To Paladins: I got a request from you long ago, but I need a confirmation. Also, check my first post and send me the necessary information.

There are still a few promising guilds out there that should make it soon but are just too young yet, and some others which didn\'t react. We will do another round in probably one or two months, depending on the level of activity and the number of requests. We hope to hear from you soon!

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 01:34:10 pm »
Im not sure if the Paladins are around anymore.  They had a big guild but havent seen one in game for a month or two :).

AoM... Phinehas you got Levski with you huh?  Cool, good to see you added to the list :).

DC:  Yeah, I think you guys belong there.  Meriner,  maybe your rants over at the tavern convinced them :D.