Author Topic: Ordo Illuminatis  (Read 947 times)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
Ordo Illuminatis
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:54:20 am »
Cad threw a last glance at the building and its surroundings, it was that time of the day when the light of the crystal was quickly losing strength, colours were beginning to fade and mix into each other. A little bit like on postcards, one could wonder whether this place ever existed at all or if it was only a picture. Finally, he pushed the gates shut and turned the key to lock them. It made a reassuring clanging sound that reverberated in the heavy metallic structure, as if to say \"I\'ll keep that secured until someone returns.\"

The guild members had progressively found themselves scattered across several levels, several societies, where they were now using the built up knowledge to help others and transmit it to them. The purpose of the guild was achieved, though not quite the way they originally expected. \"Who knows? Maybe once they are not needed there anymore, they will gather again and go on,\" he thought.

But until then, Ordo Illuminatis would be no more.

[OOC] The guild has been pretty much inactive for months now, some people just vanished, some got too busy to the point they could only pay short and irregular visits, and others simply lost interest in Planeshift.

It\'s life and there is nothing wrong with it, but pretending to still exist wasn\'t making sense anymore for the guild. No one else was ready to take over, and for my part I\'m too busy and not motivated by being part of this world anymore, let alone putting life back into a dormant guild. At least not currently, we\'ll see what the future is made of.

For those who wonder who the hell we are, the website is still up for a while here ;)

If any former member desperately needs to have a last look at the forums, you know how to get in touch with me.

It has been a fun and exciting experience, thanks to all for that! Farewell, and take care in your travels :)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 12:36:55 pm »
Looks like you guys were just another \"help the guild, support the guild\" organization, but with a sincere interest in role play.... and a lot of work went into that website.  That\'s too bad.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:50:12 pm »
:(

It\'s a sad day indeed that the gates of Ordo Illuminatis swing shut and are locked.  Hopefully, someday you will be able to proudly unlock them.

The former members of Ordo Illuminatis will always be warmly greeted wherever they choose to go.
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 12:51:42 pm »
Sad news indeed, OI was one of the best guilds ever around this plane. Farewell.
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 12:53:37 pm »
Legends never die. Hope to see OI back in business someday, with Kada there at the door to greet us in...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 12:53:55 pm by Moogie »

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 12:56:21 pm »
Definately back with Kada, and you will have to be there too Cad.  It too bad that this had to happen.... after Kada left everything just seemed different :(.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 01:45:24 pm »
Well, it kept me busy for a while, but this is for the best.

If it ever comes back, you know where to find me Cad. 8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 01:46:14 pm by Kiern »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 03:06:01 pm »
Good decision and good luck Cad.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 03:10:09 am »
;(

It was the best guild I ever saw...

Hopefully we\'ll get back together someday. Untill then ...well, godspeed and keep in touch guys.

Yea, since Kada\'s sudden dissapearance everything pretty much started to fall apart.

....man, I\'m gonna miss the Ordo!! :(
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 09:42:41 am »
Clover kneels on the floor and takes out his dagger.  Biting his bottom lip so as not to scream he jams it into his gut and falls over in an evergrowing pool of blood.

I\'m going to miss you guys, even if I\'ve only been around once or twice in the past few mont... okay year.
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 10:11:13 am »
we\'ll be here waiting for the return

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:43 am »
Originally posted by CadRipper
(...) But until then, Ordo Illuminatis would be no more.

It\'s a pitty...

(...) For my part I\'m too busy and not motivated by being part of this world anymore (...).

It saddens me to hear so, Cad. I hope nostalgia leads you back to Yliakum some time. Good luck where ever you go.
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

fireofsoul

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 09:06:08 pm »
:( :\'( What a sad sight :/

Tranor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 06:28:16 pm »
Damn, as i come back one of the greatest guilds i remember locks its doors. Good luck to the lot of you and may you be blessed in your future endeavors.

We all await your return. :)
..:Tranor:..