Author Topic: [GUILD] The Dragon Council  (Read 30126 times)

Rothas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 09:36:00 pm »
Very nice indeed. Seems like a complete and thoughtout guild. I hope you make the right choises and live amongst the greats.

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »
Originally posted by druke
You do know Dragons will ahve no place in PS correct,

So? You do know Dragons will have no place in real life correct? They\'re \'myth and fiction\'. Same could happen for PS. There could be MANY myths made up in this second reality, many stories. And if there are no myths, then what\'s the fun in that?

I can see something at least similar to a dragon being a myth in PS. To me, the idea of a dragon is very common. If you look at the history of our world, the Europeans and the Chinese both came up with the thought of dragons. Two different cultures on the other side of the world....so why not PS? Yes, maybe the name itself could be different, but the idea is so universal.

That\'s my opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 10:39:10 pm by Aiselyn »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 01:52:19 am »
Druke: \"You do know Dragons will ahve no place in PS correct,\"

Aiselyn: \"So? You do know Dragons will have no place in real life correct?\"

Point, Aiselyn. Druke, zero.  :P

Come now, quit bothering Rioth about the dragons. He knows there are none, you know there are none, I know there are none. But the name is done, the guild is made, and he will not change it, nor should he. Leave off and see the guild for what it is.

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 01:53:48 am »
Wow I like what has been done so far.  You seem to be quite organized.  Your site is simple but nice.  The font at the top is somewhat hard to read but all and all you are doing a good job.  Good luck in this realm.

PS.. and I personally love dragons and think they should be in every game :).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:54:38 am by Valbrandr »

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 02:56:38 am »
Originally posted by Aiselyn
To me, the idea of a dragon is very common.

Thanks for arguing against yourself. I rest my case.

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 05:09:16 am »
Originally posted by Phinehas
I rest my case.

Well considering likings and colors are unquestionable, I guess you rest yours. However our little discussion about Dragons won\'t have any effects on Planeshift anyway, so why not stopping arguing uselessly about it now ?
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 05:44:07 am »
I have. I proved my point. If you continue on in your path, that\'s your problem. I\'ve done what I came here to do.

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 06:19:18 am »
I wouldn\'t say that you have when you say that :

Thanks for arguing against yourself.

And anyway, you didn\'t proved your point.

Because if one follows your point, then Dwarves, who are very common too, have no place in this PS. That\'s just non sense.

Dwarves are in this game and that\'s all, Dragons are not in this game, that\'s all too. Those are the choices of the devs, not ours. There is no point into arguing about something like that.
Rioth

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 07:22:16 am »
Point to Rioth, Phinehas 0

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 07:53:37 am »
Originally posted by Rioth
I wouldn\'t say that you have when you say that :

Thanks for arguing against yourself.

And anyway, you didn\'t proved your point.

Because if one follows your point, then Dwarves, who are very common too, have no place in this PS. That\'s just non sense.

Dwarves are in this game and that\'s all, Dragons are not in this game, that\'s all too. Those are the choices of the devs, not ours. There is no point into arguing about something like that.

Actually, no. The devs did choose to add in dwarves and elves. That\'s up to them, I agree. I\'m not saying I agree with their decision to do it, but they made their decision. The end.

However, adding dragons is something different. Using the argument that the devs did something so that makes it ok for you to expand in that direction beyond their desire is wrong. Twisting your logic isn\'t going to help you. Anyways, you can\'t win this argument, so I suggest you take your own suggestion and let it drop. I told you that I\'ve made my point and that\'s all I care about. I wish you luck with your guild for the rest.

@Pestilence: Your point giving is severely lacking. Technically, I would have first received a point for my statement, and another for this one. If not, then it\'s only fair to award the whole argument to one person or another. ;)

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 01:04:53 pm »

Thanks for arguing against yourself. I rest my case.

You obviously missed my whole point completely then.

Dragons have no PHYSICAL place in life. They\'re myth. It doesn\'t mean the idea is not around. The idea is obviously around if we\'re arguing about it :P

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 04:54:57 pm »

However, adding dragons is something different. Using the argument that the devs did something so that makes it ok for you to expand in that direction beyond their desire is wrong. Twisting your logic isn\'t going to help you. Anyways, you can\'t win this argument, so I suggest you take your own suggestion and let it drop. I told you that I\'ve made my point and that\'s all I care about. I wish you luck with your guild for the rest.

I never twisted my logic. The fact that the devs decided not to put Dragons is their choice, I respect it and I\'m not saying we should have Dragons in PS because there are dwarves. And anyway, may I remind you that I was in fact showing you that it was your logic which was... illogical. And it seems you agree because you see that the fact that Dragons are common won\'t make them be present in PS.

Oh, and I also read on Planeshift website an overview which was saying that players would be able to interact with the world as much as possible, so I don\'t see why I couldn\'t bring a legend reffering to Dragons.

And again, may I say that as likings and colors are unquestionnable, this discussion is maybe a bit pointless because neither of us will ever change his mind.

So, let\'s end this there and,

I wish you luck with your guild for the rest.

Rioth

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 05:34:44 pm »

And again, may I say that as likings and colors are unquestionnable, this discussion is maybe a bit pointless because neither of us will ever change his mind.

Agreed, I doubt we\'ll ever get anywhere...

...although (going slightly off topic) I do think Phinehas was a little out of line with his hostility in his last couple of posts in this thread :(

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 06:02:12 am »

Agreed, I doubt we\'ll ever get anywhere...

...although (going slightly off topic) I do think Phinehas was a little out of line with his hostility in his last couple of posts in this thread :(

You would, wouldn\'t you? Look at it this way... due to my posts, you\'ve been forced to truly think through your position, now you have a much better chance at withstanding the tests of others and time, because I have prepared you.

Anyways, I was under the opinion that by posting on these forums you were opening yourselves up to comment. I have made my point about how I disagree with your idea. I didn\'t tell you to go away, and I didn\'t call the community to hate you. I just expressed an opinion. I agree with Rioth that we\'ll each have our own opinions, and that\'s not going to change. Also, Aiselyn, my posts weren\'t hostile, read through them carefully. No screaming, swearing, belittling, or general insulting that I can see.

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 09:04:25 pm »
Sorry for yesturday\'s comment actually. I had real life circumstances that had actually put me in a horrible mood while posting yesturday. I agree with the fact that these forums are about debating ideas... and no you were not hostile anyway (only hostile to someone who had seen hostility all day :P...and my post was actually more towards you against Rioth too).

Having said that, I do hope you see my first remark in a different light now that I stressed what I really meant. :P