Author Topic: Grizzlyus, the crazy Diaboli  (Read 1187 times)

sanxx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Grizzlyus, the crazy Diaboli
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »
Hello to you all after such a long time from the game.
I feel my heart needs to post something to players who remember myself, Sanxx and Grizzlyus, the crazy singing diaboli from the Warriors guild.
Those players from a few years ago will know Grizzy and myself, that we married in game and also spent over 4 years together in rl  after meeting at the Brigand.

It is with such heartbreak and sadness i have to inform you that Grizzy ( Dave ) passed away last friday after a battle with cancer. His last hours were spent in a beautiful room with the sun shining onto him as the angels came to collect him.
It is a very tough time for us his family, for those who knew and loved him and he will always be remembered as a positive part of our lives.
For the players of planeshift who remember him, the mining hills in Gugrontid fall silent without his singing. No more crazy diaboli running around trying to find his spells he has lost. No more using Sanxx's cooking as weapons against the enemy.
You will be sorely missed Dave by all who knew and loved you.
rest in eternal peace Grizzy

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Grizzlyus, the crazy Diaboli
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »
 :(  What sad news. Grizzly and I had so much fun in PS. Let me tell you this was one patient Diaboli to this newb to online gaming yet he was such a fun tour guide. He'll never be forgotten.

Wish I could be across the big pond to support you.

Sending hugs your way.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:28:43 pm »
I didn't know him but I remember the name. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Daevaorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »
Thank you Sanxxy for letting us know. And so true, all you have said! Grizz will be remembered for all that, his incredible high spirits and friendly supportive nature. It was he who brought me to the Warriors and he will be dearly missed but also remembered as the great person he is.

Grizzlyus, when he was leading the Warriors and their friends into one of their greatest battles. PS history that he has written.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:47:26 pm by Daevaorn »

xarock

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 05:55:56 pm »
My condolences to Sannx and family of Grizz.  As former guildmaster of Nexus of Devotion and current member of Wayward Kingdom, I think I can speak for all in saying that this news saddens the Planeshift family.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
Saanx I am so sorry to hear this sad news indeed.  May the spirits of light surround you and your family in the real world, and may Xiosia sing along with the soul of Grizzlus in the eternal dome.

Blessings to you.
Roled
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »
It is truly sad that the world has lost Dave and The Warriors have lost Grizzlyus.
The first time I met Grizz (and Sanxx) was 5 years ago, on my first day in PlaneShift. That was also the day he took me under his wing and I became a Warrior. He was always very helpful, generous and would make the guild chat more lively.

What I remember most about that first meeting, however, was that during the conversation Calak ran into Grizz and \die. As a rookie player I was amazed at the power Grizz had obtained in order to be able to deck dwarves just by looking at them. To me that is still one of the funniest moments in my life of PlaneShift.

I was also fortunate enough to meet Grizz and Sanxx in person one time in London a few years back. He was the same great person outside of the game as he was in it and we really had a great day I will cherish forever.

My thoughts and condolences are with him and his family, as well as a final salute from one of his many thankful recruits.
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

d egale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:37:57 pm »
my heart though filled with woe and sadness it weeps not. for gizz was an amazing guy and a wonderful player. it may sound harsh but the fact that he died does not sadden me nearly as much as the the fact i will never get to talk to one my earliest friends and mentors, he has guided me though my life and taught me more then most would have been able to, he has put up with my shit time and time again and forgiven me for it. he, has been one of the driving forces that made me who i. may his soul not rest in peace but get up to all sorts of giddy mischief as he always seemed to love to do.

sanxx, the communities. you have my sympathy, you lost a great member of game, friend, and family member.

Regards,
       Calak Jivan.
Calak: screwing up advisor mode since 2009

confused

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 12:58:54 am »
Thanx Sanxx for informing us of this sad news. I wish you well in dealing with the loss of your ex. Go well.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 01:09:18 am »
My heartfelt condolences.

- Nova

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 01:28:36 am »
My condolences as well. I enjoyed meeting him and playing with him. And I don't remember him being so incredibly crazy...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 02:28:48 am »
Farewell my friend...
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 03:06:04 am »
Hello,

This is sad news, and we feel with you. Since I myself am facing some serious health issues right now (no worries, it is serious, but under control), I can only advice each and every one of you to have some medical checks every few years. The sooner a problem is discovered, the better the chances for recovery.

You all take care.

Gonger

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:37 am »
My deepest sympathy for the event, he will be remembered by the PlaneShift community as a dear friend.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05:37 pm »
My condolences.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!