Author Topic: I'm Staying Post  (Read 2212 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
I'm Staying Post
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:25 am »
I'm here to help bring an end to pessimism. So I've decided to create an "I'm Staying" post. I think someone has done it in the past, but I doubt anyone can do it in such a lovely fashion.

So, I'm staying. You know why? Because PS is game with an active, interested community that influences the game. And also because the setting is pretty fun. The players in game are hardworking and make good use of the available mechanics, though these could be and are being improved. It's just fun to be part of something that grows and of a world of magic and intrigue.

I'm also staying because I've seen some of my wishes (not just mine, dully note) been granted:
-Alliance Chat;
-RP Covenant (which seems to have evolved into a RP server);
-RP moderation;
-Guild orientation (guide and moderation);

Thanks for the hard work.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:31:23 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Staying Post
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:51:18 am »
I'm staying.

Because I still meet old and even get to know new friends.

Because I am still busy for the project, now and then.

Because I still like the game, no matter how much I like one or another person related to it.

Because Lolitra's soul is not yet lost. In all its meanings.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:42 pm »
.... :offtopic:

I'm staying because:
I have fun!
I enjoy RPing with new and old friends - doesnt matter if its a major plot or a small get together
MMORPGs like PS are educational (I wrote an essay on this  :D )
PS gives me a break from real life
Its interesting to watch a game grow and develop

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 01:57:28 pm »
I'm staying…

Because real life can be hard sometimes, and PlaneShift helps me forget it for a while.
For my friends: because if I left, I'd miss them A LOT.
For the [friendly-called] n00bs. Because I'm an advisor for them, even though they're annoying sometimes (really guys, no offence :D ).
Because I improved my English in a 150% since I started playing!!

And because I'm with LigH: even though I never met her, I really hope to see Lolitra in game again, and that's why I'm still here.

I want to say a lot of things, but I don't know how. I'm sure I have more reasons… can I double reply? :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:59:33 pm by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »
As some of the others have said I'm staying

Because the game is still fun for me as I approach the end of my 2nd year.
Because I keep meeting new and interesting people. Constantly meeting new people is part of the key to keeping this game fun.
Because I like to see the new things that are coming into the game.
Because as the game changes it challenges me to break old habits and learn the new ways of doing things faster and better.

Sorry Illysia but I see mounts as helping RP. If I'm in Gug and need to talk to someone in Oja with a mount I get there faster which means less time spent running and more time spent RP'ing. it isn't like people even running have  blown past people in the past and not RP'ed if they were so inclined to. Stopping to RP with someone you pass isn't a matter of the form of transportation you are using but more the attitude of the player. If I don't have anything to do then I will stop and talk to someone. If I have some place to be or something to do then I'll probably go right past someone. For me the best way to get involved in a long RP is to have something I want to do, but isn't so pressing that I will not stop and talk to someone. It seems every time I have something I want to do in game I run into someone and start stalking to them and that leads to more people stopping  and pretty soon 3 of 4 hours have passed and I'm still there talking.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:27:36 pm by Elady »

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 02:43:38 pm »
I'm sure I have more reasons… can I double reply? :D

I vote yes!

Im also staying for things like:
random RP while mining
Birds pooing on menki
kran learning about ylians aunt flo
two dwarfs attempting to mug a large kran with a Spoon
being covered in metallic shavings [>:(]
picknicks!!!
Weddings
PIE

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »
Simple. I'm staying for the people. The friends and the RP are the reason I am still here. And it has been a few years here already.
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 03:51:18 pm »
Im staying:

Because it's free and I cant be bothered learning how to play a new game.
Because I love Kore and I can't ditch KIC.

@Lilura random RP while mining - well doesn't seem to happen much anymore since the Platinum mines are now pointless to hit at.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »
As a free game, there is nothing wrong with PlaneShift. It all really depends on your level of expectations.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 05:46:22 pm »
Cowpies can be used as fertilizer ... :offtopic:

I'm staying because PS helps to improve my writing skills  \\o//

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 07:01:30 pm »
I'm lurking, does that count?

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 07:13:54 pm »
I'm staying because I can't seem to leave. I'm too attached to my characters, but more so to the people that play the characters mine are attached to, and the stories we create together.

I stay because PS gives me something to write, even when I have horrid writer's block.

I stay because the people that are left in-game seem more optimistic now that most of the pessimists are either gone or lurking in the forums, and that gives even me, one of the said pessimists, some hope for it, and now that those same pessimists are gone and done crying that RP is dead, I'm seeing more roleplay.

I stay because my other game doesn't offer roleplay without you having to figure out which guilds, players, channels, addons, and locations to look into at what times in order to get around your fellow roleplayers' fear of griefers.

But it's mostly just the other players that have me staying.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:31 pm »
I'm staying because, although its had its problems, and I've left two times already, I can't help but come back to PS because, really, when you get down to it, it's a great game.  Not because of the mechanics (I made a character that has as little to do with mechanics as possible) but because, despite what some people might say, PS has some great people, and with each one of them, innumerable RP opportunities.  And not all of these people are part of this core that Illysia speaks of.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 12:18:05 am »
I stay because I have met some great people through PS, and made some great, lasting friendships. 
I stay because I see improvements in the game daily, despite it's many issues, the PS team works hard to actively make the game better and better.
I stay because I enjoy the game, and enjoy the people in it.
I stay because of the kindness shown to me by other players that in unheard of in almost any other game on the net.
I stay to see the new player develop their RP skills and become an active, contributing member of the PS community. 
I stay because I love this game.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 03:48:31 am »
I'm staying.

Because I haven't been here long enough and there's still so much to explore.
Because I have been here long enough to know that there's a mass of good people behind the few loud trolls.
Because I've been here for too long and missed the point of no return.

Because I know the difference between play and earnest, so no bug or moron can annoy me much.

And lilura said it already: Because I have fun!  :woot: