Author Topic: Veruno Greenmoon  (Read 748 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Veruno Greenmoon
« on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:40 am »

His sister was studying outside. Her tutor enjoyed the outdoors, since he considered the best merchant should know and feel the Dome.

Veruno agreed.

That was one of the reasons he would be leaving that day. The other reason was his parents expected him to run the Bloodclaw Inc., but it was a job he couldn't love. He hadn't really seen the Dome. And the beautiful garden where Natrina was taking her lessons was far from being an accurate sample.

Everything was set. A note was left at his father's desk and Natrina already suspected he was going to leave. The day before he had told her the merchant would never understand the thief, because the previous never sells at the latter's house. She didn't even smirk then. She just looked into his eyes with a serious expression for a while, nodded and went to her chores without further ado. He had to smile. Natrina was always the same.

He was just waiting for the night to settle. Then he would go out the front door, with his backpack filled with tria and the tools he deemed necessary for the task: daggers, rope, locksmith tools, tinder and flint, some bandages and some miscellaneous items meant to be sold: fabrics, ornate knives and such trivia. He was heading Hydlaa's way, since he had heard a lot about it from the merchants that travelled from the camp. They spoke of it's self-made men and women, the dramas, the threats... all the fun.

The shadows slowly conquered every space where the light still struggled... Soon the darkness would be upon him. He was itching to venture into the wilderness every Bloodclaw had known to bypass.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:10:39 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Veruno Greenmoon
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »
the self made men and women, the burning enki carcasses...  Sorry, forcive habit. So another one of your moon critters is gonna be amuck?

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »
No, no. Veruno Greenmoon was the name Sangwa was born with. :P
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 04:47:21 pm »
No, no. Veruno Greenmoon was the name Sangwa was born with. :P

Dun... Dun... DUN!!!  :o I'm suprised...
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 04:54:27 pm »
Good. I hope that means you'll read the rest of the stuff if I keep writing it.

Join the Dark Empire!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 06:17:20 am »
Aaah ... so this was a flashback?

Well, fine. More history! :thumbup:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »
Very nice  :thumbup: Looking forward to the rest, as always, my dear Sangwa.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:36:03 am »
"Who shall I be?"

Veruno was following the rocky paths on the walls of the Dome, leisurely enjoying the vast landscape laid before him.

"Yliakum is a beautiful rock indeed."

He sighed pleasantly then, admiring the vast lively plains, soft, furry hills and its abrupt peaks. It'd take him a lot longer to reach Hydlaa by these rugged roads, but he didn't mind. He was very fond of the game of textures and earthly colors that constantly filled his eyes.

Even though those sideways are considered as safe as it gets outside the towns, he still spotted the occasional rogue and a beast or two. Fortunately, his keen senses and his natural affinity to prowl had allowed him to go around all three incidents.

"Hehe, this will be easier than I thought!"

He was happy with himself. He finally had the chance to prove he could do well without anyone hovering over his shoulder. Soon enough he'd come back in all pomp and glory, with a merchant guild of his own. Or with an important charge in one of the major Craft Guilds. Either way, he'd start to build his career as soon as he arrived to Hydlaa... but first he had to make sure he could survive on his own as merchant of varieties.

He could spot a town below. From where he stood it looked like a small circle of gray, red, orange and blue. From up close it'd certainly be more interesting, he hoped, since it was destined to be his starting point.

"Saervie Eithar. Sounds good! Merchant of the finest, most beautiful wares... a peasant can hope to possess!"

He laughed cheerfully... Maybe too cheerfully though.

"Well met sir Eithar! You certainly have piqued our peasant's interest in such fine wares."

He turned around to meet the eyes of a small diaboli. They were beady, framed by a mischievous expression that painted a face less interesting than those of most diabolis. Veruno's eyes widened. Not because of the tiny fellow, but because of the three ynnwns behind him, with their shabby attires made of poor chain mail and rough leather and propped by clubs and daggers.

"Well met indeed!" Veruno replied with a grin. ""You have the honor of being my very first client! I shall make a special deal to cele--"

"Hush, hush, fur ball. We're not buying. Neither your merchandise or your banter... We're taking one and stuffing the other."
the diaboli said with contrasting refinement.

Veruno looked around apprehensively, in hopes of some chance of escape. To his dismay he just found some more bandits. There were some ylian and enkidukai amongst the ones he spotted now.
He kept his grin. "Why, that was exactly the promotion I had in mind! And I tell you what. I'll add some locksmithing tools I keep with myself, just because you are a client with tact!"

The diaboli raised an eyebrow. He spent three seconds, which felt like days to Veruno, like that... then he suddenly bursted into a good episode of laughter. "You're a funny, furry trepor aren't you! Boys, take his wares but don't rough him up. I'd love if we got to see him around more often." With that he turned his back and left the scene, despite Veruno's protests. He opted not to debate as they lightened him of his burdens.

They left him with the clothes on his back. Well, bottom. Thy had taken his jacket, since they noted it had too may pockets to bother with.

"Bye master Eithar, 'twas a pleasur to bargan' witcha!" one of the ynnwns jested as he waved goodbye and went, behind the rest of the group, towards where the diaboli had gone.

Veruno sighed and then shrugged.

"If I get through with this as I am, then there's no stopping me! Heck, I'll make tria out of selling dirt if I have to!"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:55:15 am by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:59:11 am »
Oh, Sangwa.  You've been cursed with too many talents.  How you decide how to spend your time is a mystery to me.  Write more of this, I love it, even though it depresses me by reminding me of fair Veruno's passing.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 08:14:03 am »
Hahaha, thanks a whole lot! It's specially good hearing praise from a writer I enjoy.

Also, how I spend my time is a mystery to me as well. If I ever found out the truth, I bet you'd see better histories but less of Gartheiz :P

Join the Dark Empire!

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 09:51:54 am »
I bet you'd see better histories but less of Gartheiz :P

I don't believe the former could exist or that I could live with the latter <3!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »
He knew peddling his wares at random locations wouldn't be easy; even when you have an assortment that fits most markets, you never know if the local market has lower prices than the ones you can afford...

Well, he had no assortment whatsoever now. That fixed that.

No way he could go back either. Not even a month had passed. He'd be the laughing stock of the Bloodclaw Inc.

"No. There must be a way for me to make some tria out of nothing..."

"There certainly is mate!"

A voice broke the occasional sound of a card dropped on a table and the witty or angrily ushered remark that usually followed it.
He received an almost friendly slap on his back. Both the voice and hand were a bit too harsh for his taste.

"You can go out there and mug the next bloke that comes around, for all I care. Whatcha can't do is linger around without paying."

Veruno sighed and left the tavern. His deception had turned into anger by the time he was outside. He looked the barman in the eye.

"I might just follow your advise, you know? Wish you a pleasant walk home."

He bowed and left, as the bulky ylian snorted, not amused. Even his dignity had been taken away now.
Veruno played with the thought of telling a local merchant he was a Greenmoon. Maybe someone knew the Bloodclaw Inc and would be willing to receive a reward...
Then he just smiled to himself. At least he still had his pride.

Someone approached him stealthy, a shabby young lemur dressed in clothes that were steadily turning into rags.

"Greetings sir! You seem like you could use a shirt." he looked around nervously, then produced a shirt from a bag he tied across the waist.

Veruno checked the shirt. It was a fine shirt, lined with gold... And with the initials "VG" embroided in the back of the neck. He chuckled, taking a better look at the kid. He was malnourished and had been beaten recently.

"Say kid..." The kid's eyes suddenly grew in size, but Veruno's paw was already holding his arm. "Take me to the den you crawled out of. Your boss and I need to talk." He smiled like he would to his sister when he had planned a prank.

The street urchin was impressed. He took Veruno from that street into a smaller one and then through a little alley where the houses soon gave place to a handful of ruined buildings interspersed with improvised shelters.

For while the decadence made him forget why he was bringing himself to that place... Then a breeze blew, ruffling the fur on his torso.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:43:17 pm by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!