Author Topic: Expanded Wedding Command  (Read 655 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Expanded Wedding Command
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »
The current wedding command is a bit limited and clumsy. I believe the following changes would make it work much smoother, making the GM's life easier as well:
  • Weddings should be able to be called off by any part without the other present;
  • A dialogue should come up to decide if the wife gets the name or if it's the other way around.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Wedding Command
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:30:03 pm »
Lets make it more realistic. The party that cancels the wedding loses 80% of their total tria.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:32:41 pm »
Hahahah, that'd be fun. The point here is not making the command realistic, just making it easier to use.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »
Perhaps getting married at all should cost 10-20k tria, and it would have to come from the man. And when you call it off, the tria is lost into space... o.O

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »
Perhaps getting married at all should cost 10-20k tria, and it would have to come from the man. And when you call it off, the tria is lost into space... o.O

No, no, no. Just keep it simple. 8)

However I do like Sangwa's idea, I have never used the marriage command before though.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
I believe nova posted about this once before actually. I still agree, I think there should be a way to dissolve a marriage without both parties being present.  If a player stops playing for an extended period of time, or if there are OOC tensions, I think players should have the choice and ability to divorce without involving GMs or having to face drama.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »
Of course. The 10k-20k idea doesn't seem half bad though.

Join the Dark Empire!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »
@ verden, Mekora etc.: Make your own Wishlist thread about that monetary element. Don't kidnap Sangwa's.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 01:20:35 am »
Of course. The 10k-20k idea doesn't seem half bad though.

If it includes a few things, like free facilities for the wedding, a marriage certificate, etc. As that would make some reality to the cost, which I think is worth having then.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 05:00:42 am »
We could consider it the fee you pay to the public officer in charge of marrying people. Someone lazy might argue that the current methodology is meant to dissuade taking these marriages lightly... If a fee is set, then that functionality is still present in a more intuitive and interactive version of the utility.

Join the Dark Empire!

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »
Exactly, the tria is supposed to make 'marrying' not taken lightly. And I wasn't really kidnapping the post, just adding in some new aspect of the same topic: 'Expanded Wedding Command'

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36:03 am »
true
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:25:41 am by potare »