Author Topic: Diaboli: Didn't get my chance to complain  (Read 696 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Diaboli: Didn't get my chance to complain
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »
So, yeah. Think it has all been said, but I wanted to leave my impression as well... Considering everyone else has had their chance. Even some trolls. Cursed trolls. I could eat their liver. Hmmm... Liver.

*cough* *cough*

My character is the only reason why I'm still playing this game. I picked it up because Diaboli have fun psychological traits, while Ynnwns... Well, they're big ylians with allergies. No offence meant to the Ynnwn pickers of course... Well, actually... You may take some, it'll make me smile a bit.

Anywho, my character has been built around respecting the race's traits... He's even smaller than most, since I wanted him to look as harmless as possible. I don't want him to be a midget, shrewd, reckless, conniving Ynnwn, so I'd rather if you kept the race... Else I'll just be left with a character with the wrong model and the wrong name. Which is specially frustrating if they keep mentioning the race I wanted to play in the game.

If you don't want to work the race right now, just don't do it: instead of ignoring everyone who has created or interacted with diaboli (i.e. all current players), ignore the people that say there are too many races. They probably complained about there being too much History too.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:47:14 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
Re: Diaboli: Didn't get my chance to complain
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:13:03 am »
If you don't want to work the race right now, just don't do it: instead of ignoring everyone who has created or interacted with diaboli (i.e. all current players), ignore the people that say there are too many races. They probably complained about there being too much History too.

Well said Sangwa!

Although I play a Klyros, I have always integrated the Diaboli into my character's background- That I grew up in a Diaboli village hence my love for fire and the red way.

If the devs don't want to keep the diaboli model the same as the Ynwnn, but can't afford the time to develop it, could the Diaboli model (for now) not just be the exact same as the Ynwnn one but shrunk down in every polygon by 70% (slightly taller than a dwarf), with black skin? If it's the same model and same animation just a little smaller, is that too hard to do? (I'm not a programmer, only a graphic artist, so I honestly don't know, but it would make sense for a 3D modelling programme to have a scale function once a model is finished).

Please keep the Diaboli!

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:30:12 am »
So, yeah. Think it has all been said, but I wanted to leave my impression as well... Considering everyone else has had their chance. Even some trolls. Cursed trolls. I could eat their liver. Hmmm... Liver.

*cough* *cough*

My character is the only reason why I'm still playing this game. I picked it up because Diaboli have fun psychological traits, while Ynnwns... Well, they're big ylians with allergies. No offence meant to the Ynnwn pickers of course... Well, actually... You may take some, it'll make me smile a bit.

Anywho, my character has been built around respecting the race's traits... He's even smaller than most, since I wanted him to look as harmless as possible. I don't want him to be a midget, shrewd, reckless, conniving Ynnwn, so I'd rather if you kept the race... Else I'll just be left with a character with the wrong model and the wrong name. Which is specially frustrating if they keep mentioning the race I wanted to play in the game.

Make a new character. The game is under constant development as you may have noticed from the many cow-sized notices everywhere.

Next to that, I'm sure the 2 hours of gameplay you put into this game every week won't affect your mental state to the point of opening a new thread just so you could cry some more about it. Oh wait.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:45:42 am »

Harmless and handsome <3

Sangwa, some Ynnwn feature Diaboli traits, like horns, tails… and you could even make Gartheiz insist he's a Diaboli.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:52:21 am »
You may like to read the character description of Jezzi Bezezel ... that gives another hint why Diaboli characters tend to be hard to play consequently and consistently, and therefore need to be available. At least as challenge for the more experienced, if not to say advanced, roleplayers.

Without such gems, PlaneShift will disappear below the noise floor of all the other average RPGs out there, bulk products manufactured at assembly lines...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty