Author Topic: Magic wish re rings  (Read 897 times)

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Magic wish re rings
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:20:22 pm »
   I would like to be able to wear more than two rings...I have more than two fingers.  For instance, I would like to wear my brown-way ring and my summon ring, and perhaps the crystal ring at the same time.
   My character is not strong, and needs all the help she can get...  he he.  I hope y'all will think about this.
my name is Sanrai ;)

bilbous

Re: Magic wish re rings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 03:03:49 pm »
I would personally tend to agree but then you get into the problem of too many buffs. You could, for example, wear ten or twenty rings, a similar amount of things around your neck, dozens of pins attached to your clothing as well as having magical armor and weapons. It is fairly standard in games  to limit such things. Of course if they wanted to allow this they would probably also start adding complicating factors so that items would conflict with each other -- a buff of one magic way would entail a debuff in the opposed way, a strength buff might make you dumber, you see this quite often with the named weapons.

Anyway you get the idea.

Rigwyn

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:16:43 pm »

Heh heh .. You beat me to it .. I was going to be a smartass and say that only two of ten fingers have been implemented so far... the rest are coming soon(tm)

Tontow

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36:55 pm »
you do not have the required skills to wield more than 2 rings and too much magic can be... well... umm.... bad for your health and end up a bit messy what with the blood splattering all over the place.  :devil:
Tontow's MapMaker Tool 2.0 : http://hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=33954.0 - Make your own maps by walking around and useing the /pos Command!
Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tontowmerlin/

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »
what about..toe-rings?
and wearing rings technically should help melee, personally i myself wear a ring on both hands, and it hurts stuff more if you punch it right >:D
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 05:04:05 am »
And don't forget the ultimate advantage of Enkidukai, Lemurs and Diaboli (once their own race models will be finished): Tail rings! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 05:58:42 am »

and buffed earings, noserings,a +3dw bellybutton adornment, let's see , where else could we shove anenchanted item ... 0_o

Picture gandalf glittering with rings and hoops attached to every square inch of his flesh.. Each with. +1 this or that ...
There needs to be a cutoff at some point. Someone needs to decide on what's reasonable and draq the line - possibly upsetting a few...
I suspect this is part of the reason why ...just a guess

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:29:15 pm »
i think the limite should be a max of 4 rings, and 4 spells at once, its enough to help people with things, and little enough to keep people away from extreme all-people ruling power
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

Vilthis Trayus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Lord of the House, House of Trayus
    • View Profile
    • The House of Trayus
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 03:10:39 am »
Sauron only needed 1 ring to rule them all. ;P

Yaniel

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 10:45:54 am »
How about unlimited spells (well, in case all are different, it should be impossible to "stack" spells of any kind) and limit rings to 2 (if there is a very urgent need, maybe 8 will be okay too). if you need better buffs, just improve the rings or train more magic.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 12:03:53 am »
mabey start with two and increasing the ammount requires the most difficult things in the entire world.....

Abuse?

Qter

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »
   I would like to be able to wear more than two rings...I have more than two fingers.

Yeah! I would like to be like the Mandarin: a ring in every finger! It would be nice to show those rings in the actual model character, it doesn't matter to me if gives buffs or not.

And don't forget the ultimate advantage of Enkidukai, Lemurs and Diaboli (once their own race models will be finished): Tail rings!

Would Klyros have ever rings on their wings? Klyros Piercings!   :sorcerer:

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 03:00:17 am »
after rings are settled out, we would need to figure out, who is goona be the winner of the bronze knuckles of seduction >:D

Abuse?